Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Spotted Canary Tag Challenge, prize package WIN!!! :)

Hi all! A couple quick posts for today, and I'm going to try, TRY to get to those 2s4y and CCMC challenges this week, but, seriously ACK!! Things are crazy and next week is looking to be even worse as far as the busy, BUSY days go..... sigh:( But, anyway, focusing on the positive, I got some GREAT news last night, I won a 100$ prize package from spottedcanary.com! Isn't that the coolest??? I will show you some of my creations once I get my hands on those goodies!  The coolest thing about Spotted Canary is that you just participate in the challenges and the winners are drawn AT RANDOM. I really really like that because it gives you a chance to rock your own style & not be concerned about what the judges might be looking for. It's also fun because it's a general crafting site, and so sometimes it's not even paper projects that are posted. That can take your inspiration a whole different way.... it's really a fun site and I have just met the nicest people on there as well:)
 

Ok, my card, the August challenge is to use tags, a very general challenge. Here is the link. I pulled out my Mason jar marked (how very original of me, I know.....;) "TAGS." I haven't actually looked in that jar in awhile! This tag I ended up using, I am not even sure of manufacturer, it's SO old, maybe K&Company?? It's from a travel themed tag package, anyway. So; K and Company mauve patterned vellum, Jolee's fancy jewel, SU! cardstock, stamps, brad and ink. I covered the snowflake in adhesive in the xyron, glittered it with pink glitter and then used the smooch spritz (brown color...) to sort of tone it down and give it a vintagey/glass glitter vibe, even though this is just plastic glitter from the dollar section in Michaels. The other thing the smooch spritz really helps with, is it sort of seals it and keeps it from flaking, a MAJOR bonus in my book!!! I hate glitter for that reason alone, I cant stand how it rains EVERYWHERE!!!! So, for the tag, I stamped the little deer (Forest friends) then the rose in Crumb Cake ink over the brown deer, then sprayed the whole tag with gold smooch spritz for that same vintage look. I stamped the sentiment from "All Holidays" and punched it out. I then layered it all up on my card. I was a little on the fence about these colors for a Christmas card, but then I saw this gorgeous card over at Verve (insert oohs and aaahs) and just continued on my merry way with my pink and brown Christmas card! 

that's it for my "deer" little card, have a lovely day!!

-Noelle

1 comment:

Joan V said...

Love this card. I like using tags and this is such an unusual way to use a tag. Thanks for the idea.