Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Grateful for 2s4y :) number 2!



Hi all, this sketch was haunting me this week! I just couldn't get it out of my head, and so here is 2s4y/Kazan's sketch, numero dos! Here is the link. I die cut the card front with the Top Note die, using some Basic Grey paper I picked up last week at Archiver's. I cut a regular A2 card out of SU! Early Espresso, and I cut the front off, leaving only a 2" strip. On the inside I layered Dusty Durango and More Mustard, using the corner punch on the Mustard piece. I border punched the Espresso strip on the front of the card with by big curve embossing punch by EK Success, then I sprayed it with Smooch Spritz in the Log Cabin color. I sponged the patterned piece with brown ink & heat embossed the word "gratitude" in copper on the bottom right hand corner. Then I took some crocheted trim and tried to make the large scallop border have a "petticoat" effect, by pleating the trim up in the corners where the scallops meet up. This is the first time I tried this, opinions are WELCOME!!! :)  Finally, I added one of my handmade paper flowers. Click here to see where I tried this originally, and to link you up to a tutorial so you can try! These are TOO fun, I demonstrated these for my customers this weekend. Well, that's it for me, off to pick up the little guy at preschool & then a playdate. Have a STELLAR day!! :) -Noelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just simply amazing...

Unknown said...

wow that flower is divine!!
Thanks for joining us for the second time this week at 2S4Y
:) Kazan