Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer Sun washi tape card (RS14 and PP98)


Hello hello! I know it probably doesn't seem like I have been gone, but the truth is, in the summer, I tend to make 3-4 projects at once, photograph, blog, and schedule them to publish, because the days are just SO CRAZY that I don't get my regular crafty time. :( I haven't played a challenge in AGES. Anyway, saw these two great ones the other day, and decided I wanted to take the plunge! This is for retrosketches 14, and also for Paper Players 98. Here's the deets:



I had seen this card on one of the Facebook companies I follow.... I honestly can't find the darn thing now to show you, but it was really cute, just strips of colorful washi tape as the background, and then a cute flower. Super simple and fun! So that was my jumping off point. I die cut the clouds, and used the negative space by adding some foam dots on the backside of the card front, and added another blue piece behind that. I made the sun from 2 punched circles, and added a sunny sentiment. Quick and easy. 10 minutes, max! Love that ;) 


I hope you like my card! Have a fabulous, sunny day! 

xoxo, Noelle

supply list: washi tape: Target (up & up brand), Martha Stewart Crafts, and American Crafts (glitter tape); circle punches: EK Success; cloud dies: Lil' Inker; stamp: Stampin' Up!




6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

so cute...Love how you used the Washi Tape...love those clouds..

Tracey McNeely said...

Noelle I love the cloud cut outs, fantastic! Washi tape, that is something I need to try out.

Larissa Heskett said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD!! I LOVE your take on the challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Jackie Rockwell said...

FUN card and great colors! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Noelle, this is super cute! Love the cut out clouds and the happy color combo. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at the Paper Players! :)

Lesley said...

I totally understand about time! I too have been struggling to find time to stamp. The cloud cut outs are cool Noelle...a fun and funky card for summer. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.