Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Have a collage-y Father's Day (CQC141)

cqc141

Hey folks! We have a wonderful, masculine color palette for ya this week at the ColourQ! I loved this so much, I ended up making 4 of these cards. You likey? ;)



I have always been a big fan of collage..... I love collage in artwork, when I was a kid, I used to just LOVE it when the teacher would say "Children, we are going to make a collage today..." ;) Just that word, so soft and pretty..... collage. :)

This card started out as several different elements that I wasn't sure how to put together.... the more I played with them, I realized that I really loved them all layered on top of each other, so that's what I ended up doing! Ordered these Cricut Craft Room Exclusive: Best Dad Ever cut files which I used for the tie. The shape behind the tie, the banner and the sentiment are all from Lil' Inker's Flags & Tags dies and stamp set. That brackety shape behind the tie was dry embossed with an inked up embossing folder in the Cuttlebug.



Behind that is a large punched circle stamped with my new Paper Smooches Timber stamp. Love that one, I have been using it a ton. :)

The final layers behind all of it are some funky punched circles, using this Martha Stewart Crafts punch all over the page pinking circle. I really like that punch, since you can use up scraps and not even have to cut them!



Final touches of a few rhinestones... even dads need a little bling sometimes. :)

I hope you like it! Like I said, I made 4, they were quick and fun, and now I have all the Father's day cards I need. :) Hope that YOU will come play with this great palette this week at the ColourQ!

big hugs, Noelle

**supply list included within post.



7 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is so cool, Noelle! I love collage too! ♥

Annette Allen said...

Noelle totally love this...That tie is awesome...love the color combo...


THANK YOU so much for that super cute adorable card...I LOVE IT

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so adorable! I love how it looks like a neck tie on top of a bow tie. The collage effect is great!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your collage card is lovely and that sentiment is in the loveliest font.

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally likey...LOL!!! This is such a great layout and use of the colors! Happy Father's Day to your hubby! Hugs ~S~

Vicky Hayes said...

A collage card is fun Noelle and I like your sentiment strip running across your elements.

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a great color combo, Noelle! LOVE how you've stacked all those elements in the center, and your smattering of gemstones adds brilliantly to your collage-y :) design! LOVE!