Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cute Animal cards for kids



Hey there! Hope you are having a wonderful June so far:) We are doing well, just busy in the summer months (as usual!;) Most days it seems if I to get to craft & blog, it's because I **need** to do something, lol! Like these cards for example, The "get whale" one is for a friend's son who had surgery, and the bird one is a birthday card for my niece, who is SEVEN. I just can't believe she is 7, honestly.... I'm really having a hard time with how big ALL the kids in my family are getting. Guess it's time to find my shrinking box! ;)


So, these cards.... I made the whale first, just kind of threw the card together, and I really liked how it came together, very happy with that! So then, I decided to make the layout of the second card essentially the same. These cards were really fun for me, because this was the first time I'd used some of this adorable new paper pack! It's called "pb&j" by BasicGrey. LOVE these colors, and I always love the vintage vibe they give their designs, too. :) The whale is from TCP, and the whale sentiment, bird, and bird sentiment are from an oldie-but-goodie SU! set: "Pun Fun." Not sure if that set is still available through Stampin' Up! or not, but I've got a new catty on the way to find out! :)


The only hesitation I had about these was were they "kid" enough? I mean, they are very cute, but I do hope they appeal to the younger set. :) Had fun loading them up with buttons, since neither had to be mailed, yea!


Well, that is all for me today! I'll tell ya, I keep bookmarking challenges, and then the deadline passes before I even have time to pull out a stamp set! So, i keep hoping, but I will see you soon, with something! Haha! Have a stellar day, Noelle

supply list: stamps: TCP & SU!: patterned papers: BasicGrey "pb&j;" dies: Lil' Inker & Spellbinders; embossing folder: Cuttlebug; adhesive buttons: Studio g; twine: Doodlebiug & Divine Twine from TCP; circle punch: EK Success

DUST IT OFF!: Old stamps make for fresh cards with some new papers:)

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

these are adorable...I love how you embossed the whale...looks too cute..

Nancy Thomas said...

These are both so fun and colorful - definitely "kid" enough!

Patrice said...

Love that little bird...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-24.html

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

I think both cards are just darling!! The whale with the hat is adorable!!!

And the cutie pink bird - perfect for a 7 year old

GREAT Papers for sure!!!

Thanks for your blog visit too :)