Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, November 18, 2011

Midnight Stamper

Hi There! I don't have much time to type today, but I wanted to show you this pretty card that I made last night (insomnia, again!). I am embarrassed to admit that after getting a rather large prize package in the mail the other day, I actually went to the craft store and bought 2 new punches as well? Yes, I know, call it a sickness.... ;) Do any of you suffer from the same obsessive craft supply collection syndrome? I feel ya...

Anyway, my new card was a combination of an idea I saw on Lisa's blog when I was Guest Starring at jingle Belles, she made a felt ornament that hung off of her card and could be removed and used on a Christmas Tree! LOVE that idea, and that's what I did here, too. That white circle (which you will see in a minute has 2 sides) is actually an ornament that can be removed and hung on a tree! :)

The flower was made with one of my new punches (yes, one of the ones I bought!;) The Carnation Flower Punch. You punch your pieces and then curl the strips up to make flowers! Pretty cool huh. This one turned out ok, but I hope to get even better with these! :) I used my new Retro Flower Punch from my prize package to make the leaves. The stamps I used are also from my prize! Ok, here's the backside of the ornament...

Admittedly, another new punch, this is the Large Snowflake Punch. I punched it and glittered it with some cheap green glitter from my stash. I ran a string between the two sides of the oranment, and tied a bead on the bottom half and looped the top half so that it could hang on a tree. Here is the inside of the card, so you can see someone could just undo the tape and voila! Ornament time! :)
Here's a pic of the card closed. I took the die cut piece that I'd cut out to "frame" the ornament, and taped it to the inside, so it all fits together when closed. I really love the way this looks... :)
And that's it for me today, I need to make my brother a birthday card soon, so I hope to be back this weekend! :)

hugs! Noelle

supply list: punches: Inkadinkado; stamps: EK Success; bead: Jolee's; bakers twine: Crate and Barrel; lined cardstock: Creative Memories, DP: echo park; silver adhesive button: Jolee's; green glitter: Michaels dollar bin; die: Spellbinders




2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so amazing... Love that flower...it is always fun to get new stuff to play with... Love how you made the hanging center.... so creative... You are rocking these holiday cards...can't wait to see more..

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty card thanks for sharing!