Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Can't.... resist.... the.... stamps..... (TCPTUES186)

I should be cleaning the bathrooms.
I should be vacuuming.
I should be thawing bread dough for tomorrow's fancy breakfast.
I should be checking the turkey to make sure all 22 lbs. of it are thawed.
I should be setting the table.
I should be dusting.

I'm not doing any of the things I **should** be doing, instead I did THIS... and now I am writing a post about it!















I just couldn't resist when I saw this awesome inspiration photo for this week's TCP Tuesday.








Isn't this lovely, elegant, wintry, and fresh? I loved it and I loved the idea of making a TCP card in this kind of feeling since most of the cards I make with their stamps are more bright, modern, and bold.
I thought I'd start with this little guy, one of my fave TCP stamps. I stamped him on DP, and I colored him with watercolor pencils and blender pens, except for his face and coat, on which I used Copics. I added some pale yellow flock to make his mittens "fuzzy."

Obviously, I was inspired by the colors and the feel of the inspiration pic. But one way I took the pic a bit more literally was by interpreting the mitten by making an accent for the bottom of the card out of braided craft felt. It's soft and wintry. I accented that part with a punched jingle bell from a wood sheet and a bow made from seam binding.

I used a vintage look ticket for the sentiment (which is from the TCP set "Beary Good Year") I accented that with some adhesive buttons.

And that is it for me today! I really DO need to get to my "should" list now, plus I now need to add "Should clean craft room" to the list!! ha! Have a stellar day and a very blessed Thanksgiving!!

xoxo, Noelle

supply list: stamps: The Cat's Pajamas; papers: Crate Paper and Echo Park; watercolor pencils/blender pens; Copics; library clip/solid cardstock in Ivory, Sage Shadow, and Kraft: Stampin' Up!; brown inkpad: Memento; adhesive buttons: Pebbles; ticket: Tim Holtz; jingle bell punch: Martha Stewart Crafts; seam binding: SU!; bakers twine: Crate and Barrel

DUST IT OFF!: If you have some old watercolor pencils laying around, try those on your next project instead of Copics! 

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Hey I should be doing all that stuff too... lol
I love your card...it is just too cute... Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving my friend...

Jen W. said...

This card is so worth skipping all the cleaning! :) Love the fuzzy mittens, braided felt and wooden jingle bell. Have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Jen W. said...

This card is so worth skipping the cleaning and defrosting! Love the fuzzy mittens, braided felt and wooden jingle bell. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Maybe you *should* be doing all of those things (I should be, too) BUT making this card was a much more fun choice, in my book! ADORABLE!! I just love how you colored this cutie-patootie and that braided ribbon treatment...gorgeous! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Noelle! Big hugs! :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

LOL! Love that braid.