Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas! (MFTWSC44)

Hi there, friends! Hope you are all doing well, today. :) We woke up to this scene this morning, which resulted in a SNOW DAY for the boys! They have been having so much fun playing outside in the snow, putting up our few Thanksgiving decorations, and I think later on we will bake a little something! :)

While they were occupied outside, I started on this card that had been swirling around in my brain for awhile.... Last weekend, I didn't have my class at church, but the boys did have Sunday School, so, while I had an hour to burn, I went to Barnes & Noble for a soy latte and a look around, I happened upon these **fabulous** vintage look Christmas tags, at 20% off! :)

Here's what the tags look like, so pretty, all glittery and vintagey....

So, I had been thinking on this, even looked around at sketches, but nothing was floating my boat... then today, it's all wintery here, and I spied this new sketch at My Favorite Things! Oh, so perfect for these new tags! :)
I ended up making a 5" square card, but in retrospect would have preferred a 6"instead. I needed a bit more "square footage" than I ended up with! Here's my card:

Everything was going along swimmingly, and I was thinking I'd have room for a sentiment stamp in the lower LH corner of the card. I was also under the mistaken impression at the time, that this was a Mojo sketch, and so I would need a Verve stamp. Uh, wake up, Noelle! MFT! Then I started to panic a wee bit because the only MFT Christmas set I have is the one I used to make this card last year (no longer available). So, what's a girl to do? You want to include some product from the challenge site, but are out of room and don't have the right stamps? Well, here's what I did, I inked up the word "Christmas!"on one of the sentiment stamps & then I stamped it on a teeny tag, I attached it to the vintage tag with a pearl brad, which actually helped hide the hole in the big tag anyway, and I managed to squeeze in a little MFT, anyway! :)
The DPs I used are new (and the tag), but everything else on this card is from last year or older. In fact, that mini tag is really old! 

Well, I hope you like my card! Enjoy your day, whether it be snowy like mine, or a bit on the warmer side! :)

Have a stellar day! 
hugs, Noelle

supply list: decorative tag: Cavallini and Co.; mini tag: Stampin' Up!; stamp: MFT; Patterned papers: Authentique; embossing folder: Cuttlebug; oval cutter: Creative Memories; glitter photo corner and decorative tape: Martha Stewart Crafts; border sticker: K&Company; pearl brad: The Paper Studio; glitzy snowflake brad: Karen Foster; solid cardstock in Real Red & Garden Green, dye inkpad in Real Red: SU!

DUST IT OFF!: Lots of oldies but goodies on this card, including that mini tag, which is probably close to 10 years old! :)

5 comments:

Jen W. said...

Wow! Look at that snow! Where do you live?? And what did you end up baking?
Love how you used the vintage tag and all those fabulous layers. That silver photo corner is awesome!

LeAnne said...

Oh my, I am so jealous---these tags are awesome, and what a beautiful card! It IS beginning to look like Christmas on your blog!

LeroyLime said...

Stunning to say the least, so much glitter, and shiny bits and warm cozy colors, FUN!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Ahhh.... I feel christmas is at the doorstep with all these lovely holiday cards, those vintage tags are a great deal.

Lesley said...

This card is gorgeous!