Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Giddyup (CQC110)

Hi there folks! Here's my layout for this week's colourQ challenge 110! Great Fall colors here, I think, and I love that pop of blue! 
I gotta admit, this spread turned into an exercise in frustration! First, I couldn't find photos that would work with these colors. Then I couldn't find a good sketch. Then I didn't have enough of one of the papers, then my Cricut and the SCAL software were really mad at each other. Cutting that title took me over an hour! But all in all, I love the end result, so I'm glad that I kept at it! 
As I mentioned, there was no sketch to begin with, I knew I wanted to make the layered star embellishments you see in the corners with circle and star punches, I felt like that would give the page a very western feel. I cut the title out on my Cricut, using SCAL software and a font called "Wildrodeo" on an old SU! DSP.  I stamped the Pool Party bg papers with an old SU! stamp and the Dusty Durango ink. I cut two frames from that rusty "Durango" shade and I wanted to make thicker frames of the Suede color to peek out from inside the frame, but I only had one piece of that brown paper in the right color, so I cut it into strips instead and just adhered the strips to the back of my frame so they peeked through. Same look with one sheet of paper, gotta love that! 
For the title strip, I took a woodgrain printed paper and I punched a white strip with a border punch. I cut a peach piece with the Top Note die and stamped Collin's name on it. I made it so the die cut piece was peeking out from between the 2 layers of the title strip. To finish it off I added a cool oversized brad that happened to be the right color, yea! 
On the second page, I die cut some lined cardstock for my journaling. And I added a few horse stickers and horseshoe stickers to finish the page. 
It's funny in a way that this page goes up today. My Dad and his wife gave Collin these lessons as a gift. My dad is having a 9 hour heart surgery today, and so I am thinking of him more than normal. I am trying to give my worry to Jesus. I hope you all have peace in your hearts today.  

xoxoxoxox, Noelle
supply list: stamps/ink/die: Stampin' Up!; punches: EK Success and EK for SU!; mini letter stamps: Image Tree; patterned papers: SU! and American Crafts; stickers: Paper House Productions and Jolee's; lined cardstock: Creative Memories; large tin horse brad: Karen Foster

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww cute page layout...looks like someone had fun...

Jen W. said...

Glad you didn't give up on this layout because it looks fantastic! The title rocks and the stars in the corner are perfect! And Collin really does look totally comfortable up there!
I hope all went well with your dad's surgery today and that he has a smooth recovery. Hugs!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Giddyup, cowgirl, is this ever FUN! This layout is rootin' tootin' fabulous, Noelle! Sorry, this Texan is getting a little carried away...haha. Love all of the details you added. Hope all went well with your Dad's surgery. Thinking of you! (hugs)

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful layout, Noelle! The stars and horseshoes are PERFECT. Glad you stuck with it...that title IS COOL. ;)