Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Plaid Ian


Hey there, Hope you are doing well. This is a funny little card I made last night with my new stamp. I am not sure how I feel about it.... I was in a really weird mood when I sat down to craft yesterday afternoon.... I think it came out in the card! My Dad was in a heart surgery, and I was somewhat anxious at the time. VERY glad to tell you he is recovering nicely. :) 
 I started out by scoring a white card at 1" and 2 1/2" to divide the card into 3 sections. My thought was to do some simple stamping on the top, and bottom sections, and then add a strip of this plaid paper in the center section. After I made the card, the plaid paper was just too busy, so I pulled it off & added the red paper instead. Well, I did my stamping, and then thought I should color the stamped plaid pattern. After I colored the stamped plaid pattern, I realized it was really really wrong! Way too bright, too many colors... Oy. What a mess. So, I decided to mask it off with some scrap paper and painters tape & spray it with dark brown Smooch Spritz. this REALLY helped a lot, and is one aspect of the card I like alot, as the bottom panel is only the one layer, I really like the depth that spray gave my screwed up coloring and stamping! Ha!
 I stamped my little Ian (like my son!) stamp on some white cardstock & colored him with Copics. I cut him out & added a little brown flock to the center of the sunflower, and the button on his hat.

I used some PTI dies to cut out a base to put little Ian on. I stamped the sentiment on top of the green polka dots I'd stamped on the top section of the card. I tied the ribbon around the card, and there's a funky little card for you. Not my fave card ever, but he will do. Hope you are having a great week!

hugs, Noelle

supply list: stamps: The Greeting farm, Martha Stewart Crafts, and Lil' Inker; Log Cabin Smooch Spritz; corner rounder punch: EK Success; dies: Papertrey Ink; markers: copic, Stampin' Up, Inkadinkado, Zig; ribbon: Hobby Lobby; patterned paper: BasicGrey

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Noelle, so glad to hear your dad is recovering well. Your card is so cute! Loved hearing your process and you're not alone :). we all go through it and your end result is adorable!

Annette Allen said...

aww I hope you Dad has a quick recovery... You card came out very cute... Is this your first GF stamp? I think he is adorable...