Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, June 17, 2011

Science Fair Scrapbook pages

Hi all! I haven't had much time to sit down and work lately, I am missing it! But, our pool trip got rained out today, so I thought I'd take some time to show you these cute scrapbook pages I made. I had a craft day last weekend with some girlfriends, and I really got going on some scrapbooking, which I am WAAAAY behind on!  I used the new October Afternoon line: Rocket Age! To be honest, when I saw this line I went crazy! My husband works in the aerospace industry and my boys (all 3) are absolutely crazy about anything to do with outer space. :) We even visited Houston's Space Center on our vacation to TX 2 years ago. My 2 older sons even have their bedrooms decorated in a outer space theme. So, yeah, I already LOVE OA products, I love the 50's vintage feel they give to their lines. I actually PRE-ORDERED several things from this line, that is how excited I was about it, and truly, I rarely, if ever, pre-order anything! So then it comes, and I start to think "Uh-oh. Maybe I went a little overboard..." Yes, I can use this for cards, and sure there are bound to be SOME photos in my stash of the boys at the museum, and also of Collin's recent stint as John Glenn at school, but I bought A LOT (read: WAY too much!) LOL, but then I started to think, who says that they have to be SPECIFICALLY space themed? Couldn't other pics relate to these cool products? So then I decided, YES, I need to expand my horizons! The very next set of pics in my box were of the boys' Science Fair projects in early 2010. PERFECT! 

So, I started with Collin's pics (blue pages) and a sketch that my friend Jenny had printed out, sorry I have NO clue where it's from or I would hook you up ;) But a great layout, and I was needing to mix things up a bit in the layout arena, my layouts tend to get kind of stale, particularly when I am trying to get some scrapbooking DONE (read as many pages as possible in a short amount of time, LOL, more about this in an upcoming post!) Just used all the OA stuff and 2 sheets of SU! Bashful Blue cardstock.

Next were Ian's pages (yellow). I had more photos of his project, so I needed to get more in the layout. I used this old sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches for the first page, and then just a variety of patterned paper strips to accent the second page.... I used a Bazzill textured cardstock on the yellow pages, I liked the embossed dots on the textured cardstock, I thought it lent itself well to the OA papers and accents...


Well, that it is for me today! Taking the boys out for frozen yogurt, since we were all a little bummed about our pool fun being cancelled! Have a great one! -Noelle :)






No comments: