Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Your New Home (Gallery Idol Submission)

Hey there! I hope you are all having a super weekend! Don't forget about the fab BLOG CANDY I've got going on right now, go to this post to comment to win a SMASH book! The time limit ends tomorrow at midnight, so get those comments in if you haven't already:)

I wanted to show you my second card I'm submitting to the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol Contest. I am super excited about the contest! Even though it's a longshot, it would be a real dream come true to be in that top 20! :) So, my goal is to get 10-20 WOW cards submitted between now and July 4, soooo you may be seeing a lot of these! Funnily enough, with this contest the theme is "congratulations" cards and projects. Even with ALLLLLLL the ridiculous amount of stamps I have, I've only got 2 or 3 congrats stamps, and the one you saw on my last post is the only one I have that's from a CURRENT product line. So, I'm having to find creative ways to make that theme work for me! On this card, I used a "best wishes" stamp for the new home card. I think it worked out ok :)














Ok, so I saw this awesome super-cool rainbow die over at MFT. Then tonight, I learned that lil' Inker Designs also has a set of rainbow dies with a stamp set. Love 'em, LOVE 'em all! Of course, I don't have the rainbow die, so I set out to make a rainbow without one. I used my circle cutter cutting arches in various blade widths so they would nest evenly. I had this darling Unity stamp I got for free with a recent order from there. I stamped it on white cardstock and colored the image with Copics. I masked the image and used a punched scallop circle, and a sponge with some Baja Breeze ink to make the clouds. This was the first time I'd tried this technique, it turned out cute, but I'd definitely like some more practice on that. Then I cut the top of my image out in the same large arch as the top stripe in the rainbow and layered the rainbow on top. I die cut some clouds with my MFT cloud die and sponged the edges with more Baja Breeze ink. I layered the whole scene up on some cute MME patterned cardstock and a Baja Breeze and Tangerine Tango card base. For the sentiment, I stamped the "best wishes" on a patterned paper scrap and punched it out. I also punched a larger circle and a pink scalloped circle. Before I adhered the scalloped circle to the rest, I added some Tiny Type stickers to read "Your New Home." I also decorated the inside of the card with some more scraps, punches, and a SUPER old stamp that reads "Happy Is The Home That Shelters a Friend." I thought that large curved border punch (one of my faves!) reminded me of the rainbow, and all the arches on the front of the card. I should also mention that this is a LARGE card, 5" x 7". 


Well, that's it for me today! We had an amazing morning at the zoo with the boys. :) Just one of those days that makes you count your blessings, life is good. Church tomorrow and I'm hoping to get a workout or 2 in before Monday as well. 

Have a great weekend! :)

xoxox, Noelle

supply list: stamps: Unity, Inkadinkado, and Stampin' Up!; circle cutter: Creative Memories; punches: EK Success; markers: Copic; cloud die: MFT; patterned papers: My Mind's Eye and Cosmo Cricket; mini letter stickers: Cosmo Cricket; solid cardstock in Baja Breeze, White, and Tangerine Tango, ink in Baja Breeze: SU!; 

DUST IT OFF!: Use your old-school circle cutter to create a very right-now rainbow! Rainbows are ultra-trendy right now! If you don't have a cloud die like me, a scalloped circle punch or hand cut clouds would work equally well :)





1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

I love this card..you are so creative..