Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, June 3, 2011

Birthday Brights (TCPTUES 161)

















Hey there! I couldn't sleep last night, insomnia's been an ongoing problem my entire life, but instead of laying there frustrated, I decided to stamp. At least then I feel I'm being productive LOL ;) I hadn't played along at TCP Tuesday for awhile, so I decided to give that challenge a go. Fun inspiration pics this week!

What do you think of the new look for the blog? I got the new background and title banner over at shabbyblogs, check it out. Everything was free!

Oh, and DON'T FORGET the awesome blog candy! I am giving away a SMASH book in a little over a week! Only 6 entrants so far, so go to this post to hear more and comment to win!


I pulled several elements from these pics including the flowers, the apron, the feminine, bright feel and the pink stripes (ok, they aren't really stripes, I know, but that bench has a definite "striped" effect!)

 This was one of those cards where I didn't really know what it was going to turn out to be. I decided to START with A Beary Good Year and see where good ol' PJ took me. Well, I decided to turn PJ into a girl PJ..... Don't mock me, I have 3 sons, I have to dress SOMEONE up in a frilly apron! And PJ won't need years of therapy later on, either! ;) Anyway, I digress, PJ became short for Penelope Jane ;) I made her a custom apron with some punched pieces, a flower sticker and a ribbon scrap. I took the cupcake from You Say It's Your Birthday, because I wanted Penelope to look as though she had just baked this fabulous, oversized cupcake like you see in one of those neat cupcake shops :) I added a butterfly for the Spring feeling. After everything was colored (Copics, I hadn't used them in a while!) and Penelope was wearing her fab new apron, I added some Stickles to the cupcake and the butterfly for some sparkle. Then I die cut Penelope with a Spellbinders die that hadn't seen the light of day in a WHILE, and die cut a mat out of teal cardstock, too. I used a **GASP** single layer yellow card, with a border strip that I added this super cute cupcake border sticker to. I laid Penelope down on an angle and then embellished with some silk and paper and resin flowers. Finally I stamped the sentiment and punched it out. 
This was a nice card, because it pulled me out of some design ruts I'd been in for awhile. SO many things on this card hadn't seen the light of day for months, if not years, the color scheme was fresh for me, and even keeping the card base to a single layer really helped me see "around" many of the things I've been repeating a lot lately, so a good card, AND I got to make up a silly story about Penelope Jane at 130am. I mean, really, what's the point of staying up until 130am, if you can't be a little loopy and silly, right? Have a stellar day!

-Noelle

supply list: stamps: TCP; patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket/ DeLovely; cupcake border sticker and yellow puff sticker: K&Company; punches and solid cardstock in white, Melon Mambo, Taken With Teal, and Summer Sun: Stampin' Up!; resin and paper flowers: Prima; markers: Copic; Diamond Stickles; Spellbinders Dies

DUST IT OFF!: Both the yellow and teal paper are retired. Also, that punch with the sentiment has been around a while, I'm going to say close to 5 years. Finally, that pink silk flower is REALLY old, I am not even sure of the brand. 

No comments: