Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Here birdie, birdie......

Hi there! Got some goodies made last night to show you! I used the new Patterned Birds stamp set and the Abrianna Mat Pad I won in my prize package on both cards. Oh, and someone asked me to post a pic of my prize, I am so sorry I already put everything away and opened several packages, so I think I'm not going to get around to that, sorry :(

This first card is for the Gallery Idol competition! This is only my 4th card, sadly. I was hoping to get 10 in, and with less than a week to go, we'll see how far that goes. I guess I can also look back into the archives and upload other cards from the past, too. The blue background paper is the Abrianna, and then there's some red BoBunny and some black/cream Sassafrass accent papers. The pennants are stickers and the yellow letters are too. I backstitched the bakers twine along the bottom in two places and also along the top of the banner. I used a cloud die and I fussy cut my stamped bird. I love the mix of colors and patterns on this card. I hope it's not TOO trendy, but I love it :)

Here's the inside, I used some scraps and an old stamp for the sentiment...


Ok, next card.... I took a more feminine approach with this one. Soft pretty colors and the Jolee's fabric flower was the perfect finishing touch (and also from my prize!) I stamped the large bird in black on one of the green papers and fussy cut it out. I popped him up with dimensionals and stamped two of the other, smaller birds behind him in pastel inks. I used some die cut borders at the bottom before adding the fabric flower. The sentiment went at the bottom, another Inka stamp from a different set I already had. 

I accented the inside with the leftover border strips and another stamped bird....


That's it! I hope you are having a great week so far :)
-Noelle

congrats card: stamps: Inkadinkado & Hero Arts; DP: K&Company, Sassafrass, BoBunny; die: Lil' Inker Designs; pennant stickers: lilybee designs; letter stickers: Authentique; baker's twine: Crate and Barrel; punch: EK Success

Birthday card: stamps: Inkadinkado; papers; K&Company; fabric flower: Jolees Parcel; die cut strips: K&Company; inks/solid cardstock: Stampin' Up! 

DUST IT OFF!: Don't throw those scraps out or into the scrap bin. Use them to fancy up the INSIDE of your card! :)



No comments: