Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Non-traditional baby boy congrats (MOJO194 & Gallery Idol submission)

Hey all! Happy Thursday! Soooooo looking forward to tomorrow because my Mom and I are spending the day together! Pedis and lunch, cannot wait! This week has been nutso, because Collin has tennis camp in one town every day and on two of the days Ian had tri team in another town and did I happen to mention neither town is the town we actually LIVE in? Oy, I swear I felt like my car was a pinball! Ping, ping, ping, ping! LOL, anyway I told the boys we needed to chill this afternoon!

DO NOT FORGET about the awesome blog candy giveaway I've got going on right now! Only three more days to comment to win! :) Go to THIS POST to hear more about the fab SMASH book I'm giving away and comment to win! :)

I have to apologize upfront for the photo quality around the blog lately. Something is going on with Blogger. I edit my pics in iPhoto on my computer and they look amazing! THEN, I upload them here and every time they look fuzzy :( If anyone has any tips or tricks on how to fix this, any advice is appreciated!

Ok, so my card. This is the first of (hopefully!) many submissions for the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol contest. I guess there's over 1000 submissions every year, and the first "cut" narrows it to only TWENTY, so the more cards I can get up the better, but only if they are FAB cards! I thought this one turned out pretty good. Opinions? I (have not YET) had a card published, so I never know what those editors love, but I did try to keep it to new products. The theme at the competition is congratulations, so this first card is a non-tradional baby boy congrats card. I thought it might be fun to depart from pale blue and use some bright happy "kid" colors for this one.


I also used this week's Mojo Monday sketch. Great sketch this week and pretty simple to execute. I used my new mini pad of MME Lime Twist papers, Just too cute! I bought a few of the large sheets for scrapbooking the boys' pics as well. The stamp is a super-cute Unity. I used some teeny letter stickers to add the "boy is a joy" sentiment to the punched piece. I hope you like it! Several of my friends just had their babies, so this one will have to go in the box to be saved for future use!

Well, off for more cleaning, laundry and caring for boys, I'll be back soon for another "mommy break!" LOL, have a stellar day & THANKS a million to all my new followers! I'm so excited to have you join me in my paper adventures:)

xoxox-Noelle

supply list: stamps: Unity and Verve; paper: MME; solid cardstock in Poppy Parade and Not Quite Navy: SU!; punches: EK Success; ribbon: Hobby Lobby; mini black letter stickers: Cosmo Cricket; buttons: generic

DUST IT OFF!: The buttons are from my random jar, yellow and teal neither color was actually IN the papers! But I thought it blended ok and lent itself to the fun feel of the card. And there's those trusty punches again, could NOT live without my punches! :)

4 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Fun card, Noelle! Good luck in the Gallery Idol competition! I'm so glad you threw your hat into the ring! :)

LeAnne said...

This is the cutest thing, Noelle! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

This is a fun card, Noelle! You are right about blogger, another blog friend complained about the same thing on her post Monday. I know they still have commenting issues. Glad you are submitting this card! Good luck, if you make it I will vote for you! Sylvia

Annette Allen said...

Love your congrats card. I have also entered a few cards in the gallery idol. I hope we both make the top 20. There has been a lot of entries. They have such cool prizes.