Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Fun and Bright Confetti Cards (Reverse Confetti May Color Challenge)


Hi crafty peeps! I have called a moratorium on housework for me today. The boys are cleaning the kitchen and I am doing "Whatever-the-heck-I-want" with a dash of "deal-with-it-or-have-the-crabbiest-Mom-alive" because when you are working multiple part-time jobs, training for a race, AND getting three kids to each of their multiple activities/schools all the time, sometimes you get a wee bit cranky! ;) But, now I am much happier because I'm not doing housework and I got to make two cards-yea! :)

So, I used to make 2-3 stamp orders per month from different companies. But these last months, we have been focused on paying off bills and saving money, so I have not ordered any new stamps (except this one set) in at least 3 months, maybe longer? Am I feeling all right? Yes, just been very busy anyway (see above). The other day I decided I have been doing really well on not spending and I had been wanting to order some stamps from Reverse Confetti since they opened (like a year ago?) and finally bit the bullet and made my order. :) It came so fast and (as knew I would be!) I am so thrilled with the quality of the stamps, and these fun images! I got these sets:

Freida Fox, Peacock Pretties, Oliver Owl, Label Me, Label Me Confetti Cuts, and Class Act.  Now, I'll be honest and tell you I wanted about 10 other things, but needed to rein myself in. ;)

These cards are for the Reverse Confetti Color Challenge for May. The colors are: Orange, Light Pink, and Dark Pink.
I actually made several elements for one card and then decided it was too much and should spread the love out between 2 cards. So glad I did, because I got to use all but 2 of my new things. 

My first card features this incomparably adorable fox! When I saw other designers using this set, I knew I would have to have it. You see, we had a fox family living under our house when we bought it, they came back several years in a row. The kits are adorable, but the dead animal parts and the daddy fox scaring our dogs finally got old, so we finally scared them off a couple years ago. But I think it made me always hold a soft spot in my heart for foxes. :) I'm sure this cutie would never scare a dog off! ;) 

I used the "invisible Copic technique" on this card. You can read more about that here as I haven't used it in awhile, but it is a lot of fun! :) 

The background was done by heat embossing the stamped image (from the peacock set) in VersaMark ink/clear EP and then coloring Gelatos over the embossed images. Then, I sprayed the whole panel down with water so it would get that soft blended look, pretty fun! It married well with the soft look created with the invisible Copic look. 

I matted Freida with a mini bag, the card would have been too busy otherwise. That kraft panel behind her really helps frame her and delineate layers. Her dress and scarf are paper pieced. 
The sentiment is from the peacock set, and I added a pin tied with ribbon (Tim Holtz), and some washi behind the sentiment. 

My second card was a lot less involved, but I still love the way it turned out. The kraft panel is dry embossed with a Sizzix EF and the folder was brayered with white craft ink.
The pink peacock feather was colored with the bright pink Gelato, spritzed with water, and stamped. The orange feather is just regular ornage dye ink stamped on pink card stock. Both were fussy cut. 
The sentiment is from the Label Me set. I created a mat by die cutting two more of the labels in bright pink and cutting one in half lengthwise and one in half the other direction. Then layered all the pieces behind the sentiment stamped label all peeking out a bit to create the mat. This is a great technique to use with any die cut that you don't have a larger size in the same shape to mat with. 

Of course, finished the card off with a few Candy dots and some washi. 

Thanks for sticking by me through this monster post! I hope you like my cards, have  fabulous weekend! :) 





4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are both wonderful! I love the layouts and of course the RC stamps are always fun to create with ;) Enjoy your new goodies! :D

Joni Andaya said...

Love your projects!!!

Sylvia said...

What beautiful colors in your cards, Noelle, love both cards. Had a busy weekend and today, Typepad was down so no commenting from my blog! Hope you are having as beautiful of weather as we are. Hope your kids will be enjoying summer soon. Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Tracey McNeely said...

Two awesome projects Noelle, loveo your designs. Thank you so much for joining the Reverse Confetti color challenge!