Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Playing With Gelatos- Mothers Day Cards

Hi friends, hope you are doing well! I am doing great but my schedule has had me just slammed for weeks! I just returned like 30 comments, I am so SO sorry it took me so long! :( But man, you all have a some fab inspiration out there! Thanks for stopping by here, I really do appreciate it. I need to figure out how to comment from my iPhone, that would probably help me a LOT in the commenting dept.! :)

Today I made a little splurge with my Michaels 40% off coupon and finally got the set of Faber-Castell Gelatos I've been eyeing for months. I used some of these last summer at CHA and have wanted to get some ever since. I made 3 cards today, here are two and I will show you the one I made for my own mom on Sunday. These are so fun to play with. Maybe they will get me into mixed media since I keep flirting with that idea and never quite jumping in. These are some older Stampin' Up! stamps that I used on these cards.

These were some OLD chipboard flowers I've had for so long. They are white, and I colored the Gelatos on the stamps, spritzed with water, and then stamped with these. After they were dry, I added the sentiment on top with a red StazOn ink. I don't know if the StazOn was necessary, but I wasn't sure if regular ink would stick to the Gelato or not. The papers were selected just based on color and style, and I added a die cut panel at the top of each, some washi and flower stickers on one, and an arrow clip on the other.


......and that's it for me today! See you soon! 

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful. Way to rock the gelatos Noelle!

Sylvia said...

What great Mother's Day cards, Noelle, there are two lucky moms out there receiving cards for sure! Have a fun week!