Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I Treasure Our Friendship (CQC241 and RS114)


Hello there! I am actually home without a ton of "have to's" for ONCE and thought I'd play some challenges today!

This is for the ColourQ #241, here's the palette:


And also for Retro Sketches 114, here's the sketch:

These colors seemed "watery" to me, and I have been in the pool so much these last weeks, that I have mermaids on my brain! I may end up growing a tail myself one of these days, I will keep you posted. ;)


I tried to do a little shading on her hair, but the truth is, I need some Copic classes to teach me more. My basic, self-taught Copic skills have gotten me this far, but I'd like to get better at that! I hope I can get to that soon. Her hair is more brown and less reddish in real life. 

For that back 3 paneled piece, I took a strip of Chocolate Chip card stock that was 1 1/2" x 4 1/2" and scored it at the 1 1/2" and 3" marks. Then I punched some papers out of the challenge colors and layered them onto the strip. My mermaid was Copic colored and fussy cut before she was added to the card with some foam squares.


That's it for me today, thanks for swimming by! :) 







4 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a fun little mermaid...she looks quite at home with her little golden doodads in her hair, so cute! Love the sketch too! Thanks for playing with our CQC colors this week, Noelle!

Annette Allen said...

what a cute image.. love your coloring.. great job

Claire said...

Love how you've done that background - it looks so effective. And the mermaid is so sweet with the bling in her hair! Thanks for playing along with Colour Q!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Noelle, I love the background you made, especially the glitter! I am always happy to see you back at the colourQ, thanks for playing with us. I know how busy your are. Have a wonderful weekend, hugs!