Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Monday, May 26, 2014

Soft and Sweet Sock Monkey (TCPTUES267)





Hi all! It's Tuesday, so I am "swinging" by today with a sweet card for TCP Tuesday 267!

Here are the Details on how you can join in on the fun:
  1. Every other Tuesday a new challenge will be posted here on the TCP Blog as well as on our Splitcoaststampers forum and ourFacebook page.
  2. If you want to play along you just upload your design using the InLinkz button on the TCP blog. If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers use keyword TCPTUES267. Only the entries uploaded to the Inlinkz button will be considered for Swanky Stamper at the end of the month.
  3. You must have your project posted by the Monday, 12 midnight EDT before the next challenge to be eligible to win the Cat Cash.
  4. Cards and projects are not required to use of a Cat’s Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die.
  5. On the following TCP Tuesday, the winner will be chosen at random from the previous challenge and will receive a Cat Cash Voucher for $10 or $15 if a TCP product is used.
  6. At the end of the month, The Swanky Stamper will be selected from all the weekly entries. The Swanky Stamper will receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND… They’ll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig and a snazzy badge to display on their blog.
  7. The Swanky Stamper will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and the TCP blog.

Sometimes, when I design a card, I will select a keyword or 2 that help me dictate my design. In this case, I chose the words "soft" and "sweet" so those were the words running through my head as I selected my papers, inks, and stamps. I brought in soft texture in with the velvet ribbons.
I used Sock It To Me stamps and the Luggage Tags CutUps on my card. This is a wonderful set for paper piecing. I think I've pieced it every time I've used it! :)

I gave my sock monkey some soft patterned jammies to wear! You may also notice that up to the left of his head, I used the Lacy Floral Doily CutUps  as a stencil and used my new Gelatos instead of a spray ink to fill it in. Fun effect!

That's it for me today! Hope you can come play at the Curtain Call! Thanks for stopping by! :)


1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

totally love it.. cute layers