Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, August 14, 2011

SCRAPS DAY!!!!

NO NEW PAPER WAS CUT IN THE MAKING OF THESE PROJECTS. There's my public service announcement for the day ;) Hey folks, how are you on this fine Sunday? Here's some goodies that were made entirely using.... drumroll please........ nothing but scraps! As you know, I dedicated the year of 2011 on paper&ICE to using up old products. When it comes to not wasting your money and your supplies, I'm a fan. :) "Scraps Day" was a term I came up with a few years back. Every now and again, I will challenge myself to make up several cards or projects using nothing but scraps! Sometimes I'll add the caveat of either old or yet-to-be-inked stamps to the mix. I will allow myself to cut the card bases, and or the base of the scrapbook page if I'm scrapping, but everything else MUST be old. Scraps & half used sticker sheets are your friends! I challenge YOU to have a scraps day sometime soon. You bought your supplies because you liked them right? I find that even though I may be wowed or excited by the latest and greatest goodies, I usually still like my old stuff just fine too. Another great thing about scraps day is I'll usually come up with a simple design, and end up shooting out several cards quickly! That's what happened today. Using tone on tone colors, and some punches and a couple older stamps, I got 5 cards done pretty fast! Don't you think these will be good for just about any event? I'm going to use 2 of them today for cousin and nephew birthday cards! Here's some closeups...






Oddly enough, I think the yellow one might be my fave :) 

Ok, next project, my cousin (well, actually my step cousin in law, LOL) asked me to make the tags for her daughter's birthday goodie bags. They were going with a dog theme, in colors of blue and brown. Again, I only used scraps, punches, a doggie die, and old twill tape, ribbons and fibers. I needed 20, so they all turned out a little different since I was using stuff up. Here's some of my faves: 

That blue denim "paper" on the two bottom right side ones is actually cardboard from an old sticker pack! I loved the pattern on it when I opened the stickers, so I threw it in the scraps bin, and lo and behold, was actually able to use it! Woot, woot! 


Well, that's it for me today. If you have a scraps day, leave a comment and link on this post & I'll come check out your scrappy creations! Have a stellar day! :)

xoxox, Noelle

DUST IT OFF!: It's ALL a dust off today, so much so, I don't have a supply list. 



No comments: