Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Hi all! My mom's birthday was last week. And tomorrow we are spending the whole day together, yea!!!! I am REALLY looking forward to having a a "girl day" some shopping, lunch, and I have the WHOLE day for fun! :)

So, I am **late** getting this card made, but since I knew I was going to see her, I thought I'd give her a birthday card/gift then.

I used my new Papertrey Ink stamps and dies, that was my jumping off point for the card... I went in search of a sketch and found this cool one in the Mojo Monday archives, a great resource for sketches!


This is sketch 140 from 5/2010. I flipped it onto it's side and subbed my PTI die shape for the square shape. I used some cute MME and SU! DPs. Lots of layering and lining everything up just so.... And, in the LR hand corner of the square panel, it is NOT crooked cutting, I swear! The adhesive wasn't stuck down all the way, LOL! For the tab, I used a small Nestabilities die & some sticker letters to spell out "mom." 

The button in the LL hand corner uses a technique I like to use sometimes, I opened up the prongs of a decorative brad all the way (pull the prongs apart so they are sticking straight up) and then I put the prongs through the holes in the button, to create this "layered button" effect. Kind of fun & not  a technique I see used very often. 
In the inside of the card, I put this cute sticker, I'd been saving it for a card for my Mom. The colors and shapes just happened to work beautifully with this! :)

Well, that's it for me today, folks! Be back in a couple days with some more fun challenges! :)

xoxo, Noelle

supply list: stamps: Papertrey Ink; dies: Papertrey Ink & Spellbinders; DP: Stampin' Up! and My Mind's Eye; button: Crate Paper; letter stickers: Authentique; sticker: lilybee design; brad: BoBunny

DUST IT OFF!: Pull out some papers you haven't used in awhile, but still love! :)

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

your mom is going to love... beautiful card..