Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Monday, January 28, 2013

You Put the Song in My Heart (TCP Fan Challenge)


Hi all, what a crazy weekend, and I am gearing up for hubby to have surgery this week. Ugh. I am not looking forward to it! I know he will be fine, I just am not looking forward to it.


Last night was nice though, a couple of my girlfriends that weren't able to make it to my birthday party last weekend, took me to a cool spa for a pedicure and then out to dinner. It was a really nice break, and I wanted to make cards for them. I still have one more to go, but this seemed like a fun card for the TCP Fan Challenge #3/banners. Keep in mind that I'm way behind and this challenge was posted over a week ago, I think there's even a new one up now.



I made an all neutral card using only scraps of DP. I cleaned out my scraps bin over the weekend, and holy moly, what a difference that made! I was easily able to find all these neutral scraps in just a few seconds. I'm thinking my organization process might make a great post for Craft Storage Ideas, so I am sitting on it for now.



I brought the banner element in by using the mini banner CutUp from TCP for the decorative strip there. I also used The Tweetest Things stamp set, as well as the coordinating CutUp for that set and the Heart Border CutUp. All the CutUps are right here. The bird was cut from a vintage pattern I picked up for 50 cents at an antiques store, then pinned to keep all his layers together! This is not a very mailman friendly card but it can be hand-delivered, and I love the way it turned out. You know how this girl LOVES color, but I really love an all-neutral card from time to time. There is a real elegance with sticking only to neutrals. The heart element was also repeated several times with the heart rhinestones and the heart pin used on the bird.


Well, that is all for me today! I have a post scheduled tomorrow for ColourQ, but the rest of this week is a question mark depending on how hubby's surgery goes. Big hugs!

xo, Noelle


2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Love love love this! Sorry I missed your birthday celebrations, LOL!!!

Michelle said...

This card is beautiful! That bird is amazing!!