Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Friends To The Finish! (ColourQ #172)


Hi all! Happy Tuesday! I sure hope you are doing well. I have been working like mad on a Bridal Sprinkle I am having for my sister next month (like a Shower, but we are avoiding games and things...) It's really going to be a GREAT party! I am so excited for my sister! It has been weird because she lives in CA, so I haven't gotten to help much with her wedding. So glad I can do this for her! It's going to be a really unique theme, but I will leave it at that, since she knows about it, but I'm making the rest a SURPRISE 'til she gets here! :) But I will have LOTS to show you, favors, decorations, invitations, and more! :)

Also, my hubby has not been feeling good. I really am not comfortable getting into it on here, and it's not life-threatening or anything, but he's going to have surgery near the end of the month. He is going to be laid up for awhile, and even right now just doesn't feel good, so I'm pulling double duty around the homestead, too.

Well, I'm guessing you came 'round here to see a card or somethin' so lets get to it! :) Here is the FAB palette for this week's ColourQ!

I thought this looked like a workout top, I'm not sure if it is or not, but I bet Arielle will have all the deets on today's blog post. I had this super CUTE Carole stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie that I wanted to use. I think I will give this card to my dear friend and workout buddy, Donna.

I used this week's retrosketches #46


I colored her with Copics, and added a bit of clear "Rock Candy" Distress Stickles to the water bottle. And I added some Diamond Stickles to her headband (she was just too fabulous to NOT have some glitter!) 

The background was simple, just following the sketch, I used DPs in the challenge colors, (except the Starfruit, I just dry embossed a scrap for that block) and then added some washi tape across the center.


The pins were a last minute addition. In fact I'd already photographed the card when I added them. But I thought this was a unique way to use decorative pins. And, if you think about it, doesn't that kind of remind you of the posts at a finish line? :)


I die cut a scrap of Summer Starfruit cardstock for the sentiment. 

I even found a few gems and things in my stash that coordinated. Who'd have though I'd have a candy dot/gem in a Summer Starfruit color? 


Well, that is all for me today! Come join us this week at ColourQ! :) I will be back soon with some more fun projects! :)

xo, Noelle


4 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the energetic colors with that fun image. Very cute and fun card Noelle. So sorry to hear about your husband. I hope surgery goes well and he has a quick recovery.

Lynn said...

This card is adorable! Love the sentiment and all the bursts of color. Hope your hubby is okay...I'll keep him in my thoughts.

Unknown said...

haha..I love this image. It reminds of last year when my daughter and I decided to train for a half marathon. Yeah..that didn't go so well. Super cute card!

Sandra Roberts (Sarnie) said...

Lovely card. Hope hubby soon on the mend :-)