Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

.....and then he chose a PINK cast! (CQC#174)

Hi all, hope you are well. Here is the very PINK palette for this week's ColourQ Challenge!

My hubby has surgery scheduled for tomorrow and I am trying hard not to dread the next few weeks :( I am sure it is going to be fine and that it won't be as bad as I'm concerned about, but still NO FUN! Blech. So, blog-wise, this could go one of two ways.... I might be home a LOT and bored because he's sleeping off his pain meds, OR I could be home a lot and he might need a lot of help and the blogging may be slow, so I guess we will wait and see! But medical problems are a part of life, just like the first time Ian broke his arm in 2011. He actually managed to break the SAME ARM twice in 2011, believe it or not! This first time was on Mother's Day (of course, kids!)


Ian thinks it is so funny (and unique) to have pink be his favorite color. My understanding is that one of the older "cool boys" on his tri team said that pink was HIS favorite color and then all the boys Ian's age were saying that pink is their favorite, too. Of course this was a year and a half ago, and he still says pink is his favorite, so maybe it is, who knows?



It's hard for me to scrap with pink sometimes. But I figured this would be a good opportunity to "sneak in" a pink page. ;) When Ian got his cast, the doctor told me that he had been trying to convince every boy he'd casted for 11 years to get a pink cast, and that Ian asked him for one, and he almost fell over! Haha!





I used this sketch (link goes to original source) that I first found on Pinterest (where else?), since I only had the one pic, it was a rare page where I was not trying to cram 17 photos on one page! Ha! You can see I flipped the sketch to accommodate my vertical photo.


For the journaling I printed it out from my computer using a comic book style font. I made the word pink actually pink, and underlined a few words with a pink pen. I die cut the strips with my banner die.
The title block began with an ivory cardstock circle that I dry embossed with a houndstooth folder. Then, I added some Creative Memories brown sticker letters and the only pink sticker letters I could find in my stash! haha, this was a really old pack of American Crafts letters. I die cut and stamped a pink skateboard with my PTI skateboard stamps/die, because that was how he broke his arm! 

The big banners behind the photo were a variety of DSP in the challenge colors. The light pink is MME, the rest are SU! I added his name with some wood-look "thickers" (also American Crafts) on top of the circle right by the photo at the top. Some pink gems were the final touch.


Well, I hope you like my PINK boy page! have a wonderful day & please come p[lay with us at the ColourQ this week!

hugs, Noelle  






1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

great layout... Pink cast... how fun..