Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Look What Santa Brought Me! (JB: 13:01)


Hi all! I just have a quick post tonight. It has been a typical "mom" weekend, cleaning, laundry, organizing.... finally getting the rest of my house "de-wintered" all the snowman and lit garlands came down today. I put out my few Valentine's Day decorations and all my regular things. It was a typically busy weekend, ever since my kids hit school age, I kind of look forward to Mondays, actually! ;) My house is quiet, clean, and no boys are fighting with each other. Ah yes, Monday is a happy day for *this* mom. :) I look forward to a soy latte and my errands run in peace and quiet, though I still have a lot to do.


I was wanting to play this challenge over at Jingle Belles as soon as I saw it go up! So glad I managed to get it done. It's about using your new crafty goodies that Santa brought you. I didn't ask Santa for very much this year, but I did get a Big Shot, which was pretty cool, since my Cuttlebug was 5 years old (at least, I honestly don't remember when I got it, but it was a while ago, I know that!) So, I wanted to use the Big Shot, and some of the super cool Stampendous Cling Rubber Stamps that I picked up on clearance at Michaels for 3$! :) I also got a basic set of Distress Markers with a coupon, and used them on this card, too. So Santa brought me + After Christmas sale + a cute die that I recently got from TCP for being Swanky Stamper+Distress Markers = this card. And it is kind of a departure for me really, more of a "collagey" style, and I like it! :)


So, I started with taking the JUMBO cardinals stamp, and I heat embossed it in white on white card stock. Then, I colored in the different areas with the Distress Markers and spritzed with water, then dabbed it off. Then I fussy cut out the cardinals and set them aside.


For the rest of the card, I did a simple DP background (Merry and Bright by MME) and I stamped the corner of it with the other stamp in the set with olive ink. I colored the berries red and added a few gems for glitz. Using my new machine (which has really already seen a LOT of love!) I cut the snowflake border from a red scrap. I adhered the gold number stickers (Dear Lizzy by American Crafts) and the little "all is calm" banner that I cut from a different piece of DP. I adhered down the bird image then, and layered the snowflakes after that. The last touch was a few more gems and a mini vintage clip (Tim Holtz).

So, what did Santa bring YOU this year? Anything crafty and fun? If you comment, I'd love to hear. :) Have a stellar day! :)

xo, Noelle

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I'm always on the look out for cardinal images, and those are amazing ... love how you featured them in your design ... so glad you're starting 2013 with us at jingle belles.

lauren bergold said...

well, miss noelle, you have definitely started the year off right with *GORGEOUS* card! all of those goodies were quite nice already, but in combination, and with a heaping helping of your own uber-talent they are EVEN BETTER!!! so happy to have you with us at JINGLE BELLES for 2013, it's always a treat to see what you will do next!!! :)