Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

YOUnique scrapbook page (CQC132)



Hi all, I hope you had a lovely Easter. Our boys had a wonderful day, we went to church, had the whole fam over for Easter dinner, and the boys had waaaaay too much candy! ;) Things have been.... very up in the air here. My sweet Gramma is not doing very well, so I had an unplanned trip to my hometown, and was gone most of the day on Saturday. My Gramma is just about the BEST Gramma you have ever seen! She helped take care of us when my mom worked growing up. She was always so sweet, and I was really lucky to have such a wonderful, loving, sweet, Christian woman as a role model. I am still very lucky! I have written about her here in the past; you might remember this recent layout about her, or this page about her and my Papa. It's complicated when someone nears the end of their life. You hate to see them so confused and uncomfortable, but you don't want to lose them either.... Praise God she is not suffering. My Papa died of cancer, and he was in so much pain at the end of his life. I would have done anything for him to not have suffered so terribly. Anyway, with all that was going on; I considered bailing on the ColourQ challenge for this week. Arielle is really awesome, and we can take a break when we need to. I don't really like to take time off from blogging unless I am simply not home, or unable to publish even from my iPhone. So, I figured I was overdue for a post anyway! :) I started pulling out photos to see what I could do with this funky color palette. These pictures of my SUPER silly youngest boy, Ev, really brought a smile to my face! He is such a goofball! He's really expressive, too, so he's one of my favorite subjects. :)
cqc132

This page was fun! I started with a white Bazzill textured (one of the dotted ones) cardstock. Such a departure for me! I hardly ever do a white page! I had the green "y" and "u" already cut in my "box-of-things-made-but-not-used-for-some-reason." I think I had cut them for this page, and they ended up being too big, so I had to cut new ones. Always good to save things! Anyway, they were the perfect color and made from the same kind of Bazzill cardstock as the white.


I background stamped in the challenge colors with a Unity star stamp. I made a border with 2 layers of the Circus Border CutUp from TCP. speaking of which, I have my new goodies! So, pardon me if I'm busy for now, I will head down to see Gramma some more. I also used my new star dies from MFT, a mega-old brad that reads "funny," which TOTALLY describes Ev. I used my old-school Dymo labelmaker for the words along the bottom.



Well, that is all for me today! I hope you will come play with us at ColourQ this week. Have a great one, and I'll leave you with a few egg dyeing photos.


Hugs, and Happy Spring! xoxo
Noelle


supply list: Bazzill textured cardstock; SU! cardstock; MFT star dies; TCP border die; gems; letter sticker; red velvet gems: Jolees Parcel; stamp: Unity; Cricut for big letters; Dymo labelmaker


DUST IT OFF!: That brad at the top is way old, also I've had those stamps awhile, but this is the first time I've inked one up!







5 comments:

Unknown said...

cute page love how u used photo as "o" very original never saw that b4 xx hope your gran gets better soon *HUGS*

Tracey McNeely said...

How totally fun is this layout Noelle. Your super silly boy is the cutest. I am so sorry your Gramma is not doing well, I have been there, my Nanna was a wonderful and vibrant women who suffered too much in the end from cancer. My thoughts are with you. Hugs.

Marybeth said...

Your expression of love for your grandparents is so nice to hear, I am sure you brought so much joy to their lives as well. Sorry your grandma is not doing well. The pictures are all so sweet and the page layout is great.

Annette Allen said...

how fun Noelle...your family is so adorable..

Silke Ledlow said...

Super fun layout Noelle! Your family is darlin' and I hope your grandma is doing better by now?!? Hugs ~S~