Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Weekend Cards


Hey there! Happy weekend! We have a very busy weekend this week. I had girls night last night (so fun!) This weekend we are going to a birthday party for my aunt, who is visiting from out of town. Also, in addition to our regular weekend church/running club/ swim practice, we have a party to go to celebrate a friend's Confirmation! Not to mention, I've been working hard to catch myself up, since I missed so much being gone these last weeks. So, the gist of all this is that I needed a quick Confirmation card for a teenage boy, and a birthday card for my aunt, who's turning 60. For my aunt's card, I used this month's Sketch For You To Try. I'm trying to play every month over there! You can see my card above there, used this SU! stamp on the inside, but no stamping on the outside (yes, I am feeling ok, just that every once and again, it happens!) 

and here's the Sketch:

apr2012sketch

On both cards, I used my new Authentique Celebrate 6" paper pad. Love these fun colors! :) I also used silver card stock, black, Poppy Parade, Island Indigo, and Marina Mist; between the 2 cards. You can see the sparkle from the silver card stock a little better on this pic.

For the Confirmation card, I went fairly simple. Being that it was for a teen boy, I didn't want it too fussy.

I used a lot of dies on both cards. The cross die/stamp is Verve. the star dies are from My Favorite Things. The stacked label dies are from Papertrey Ink, the scalloped circle is Spellbinders, and the fishtail banner is from Lil' Inker, but I cut it thinner than the die cuts. 
 For the inside of the Confirmation card, I used the "Dude" stamps that I love from Verve. 

and here's a couple more pics...



hope you like them! Have a stellar weekend. :)

xoxo, Noelle

supply list: DP: Authentique; solid card stock: Stampin' Up!; stamps: Unity, Verve, Stampin' Up!; embossing folders: Cuttlebug; dies: Verve, Lil' Inker, Spellbinders, Papertrey Ink, My Favorite Things; Cricut cartridge "Base Camp" for numbers; gold gems and rhinestones: Recollections

DUST IT OFF! Several old stamps, dies, and embossing folders mixed with new papers make for some fun, quick cards! 

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Love those cards!

Cheryl said...

Two fab cards! The birthday card is awesome with all the sparkle and celebratory feel, and I love the male confirmation card! Gorgeous paper, nice sentiment. Perfect boy card!