Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happy Anniversary! (CQC94)


Hi all! Today is my anniversary! Yep, 15 years ago today I married this sweet man. We had been both high school and college sweethearts (proof that, yes indeed, sometimes these things DO work out!) More on these pics in a minuto.... (sorry, my head is still in Mexico!) but I thought this would be an awesome project to use for this week's colourQ challenge! Check it.....


Ok, so I had these grand plans to make an adorable mini book, maybe a paper bag book or something along those lines, photos of us through the years, etc. BUT cold, hard reality started setting in... Oy, I have SOOOO much going on right now! Craziness! One week to our family reunion, the boys have camps and a host of other stuff going on this week, Ian's got a race next weekend, and on, and on, and on.... and oh, did I mention we just got home from vacation and I'm still not unpacked? Yep, it's one sad state of affairs 'round the ol' homestead this week, so, I decided a commemorative SINGLE page would also be a nice gift, besides I have some things on the walls upstairs that need to be replaced, and even though these colors aren't in our bedroom much, the walls are a light green and I think this will work well in there. I just used an inexpensive scrapbook frame from Michaels. 


So, the page... The bottom photo was taken (no joke!) when my hubby-then-boyfriend was having his HIGH SCHOOL senior pics taken back in 1992 (I know, totally dating myself, sigh) and then the top pic was taken earlier this year. I thought it would be fun to show us as kids and now 20 years later. I made the medallion read "15" for our 15th anniversary, and stamped a sentiment about love. The frame and "Most Beautiful Things" pieces are from a 12" DCWV stack Mod-Retro. The frame piece, actually has the complete wrong colors in the center of the paper, so I just cut the orange frame out and isolated what I wanted to use that way. There's some tips on medallion construction at this post if you are wanting to make one yourself. 


I decided to make a card to match this page. So, I stamped two of the same setiment when I made the page. I inked the top stamp up with multiple markers and added a "Happy Anniversary" stamped in the Razzleberry color. Then, like the page, I matted the sentiment in the Daffodil cardstock. I made a card base from the Tangerine color, and matted a pretty piece of flocked paper as the main panel. I created a bow with some ribbons, wire and a yellow button and added the setiment hanging down from that like a tag. Pretty simple card, but I thought it would be nice to have them matching.


Well, that's it for me today! I hope you'll play along with these pretty colors at colourQ this week! I'd love to see what YOU come up with! Have a stellar day! 

xoxox, Noelle

supply list/card: flocked paper: The Paper Studio; purple ribbon/solid cardstock/sentiment stamp/markers: Stampin' Up!; green ribbon: Hobby Lobby; Happy Anniversary stamp: Hero Arts; yellow button: Crate Paper

supply list/page: patterned papers: DCWV, K&Company, and Stampin' Up!; buttons: Stampin' Up! and Crate Paper; yellow bakers twine: Jillibean Soup; stamps: Stampin' Up! and Hero Arts; sticker: The Paper Studio; frame sticker: Jolees Parcel; silver number stickers: Sticko; solid cardstock, pens and inkpads: SU!; library clip:SU!; punches: EK Success

DUST IT OFF!: those old ribbon scraps work well for a medallion ribbon embellishment. Also, pull out those old DP's to get some use. Even if the whole thing isn't the right color, you can isolate the part you want like I did with the frame. 





1 comment:

Marlena M. said...

This is such a nice page. What a fun memory for you both! ;)