Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bright and Cheery Create Yourself!


Hi there! Here's another fun card I created in my "post-vacation-haven't seen-my-supplies-in-a-week" card making frenzy! LOL! Just a "for fun" card, no challenges, etc. 

This card started with the embellishment in the lower corner. I made the flower with 2 layered canvas flowers, aren't those fun colors? Then I stitched the button on with some old red wire. I layered up some plaid DP with some ribbon (actually that is the belt from some old pj pants! I save everything, LOL! They call it "scrap" booking for a reason, right?) For the sentiment I die cut a bright red piece of cardstock with my good ol' Top Note die and I stamped the sentiment on it. Then I layered it over the plaid DP and trimmed the edges. Using it this way gives it the look of a border die or decorative punch instead of the full die. I drew in an extra flower to the right of the sentiment & added 3 yellow flower stickers to cover the stamped ones and a red one to the right of the sentiment, too. 



This has long been my favorite quote. I love it because it's so true. You can be whoever you CHOOSE to be. Besides much of my life has involved creativity, so it's even more precious of an ideal to me. 

Hope you like my happy card! I'm working on some more fun projects and challenges for ya! Have a great day! :) 

xoxox, Noelle

supply list: canvas printed flowers: BasicGrey; button: Crate Paper; die: Sizzix/SU!; stamp: Unity; solid cardstock in Summer Sun, Pacific Point and Poppy Parade: SU!; mini flower stickers: K&Company

DUST IT OFF!: Look at your old dies in a fresh new way, can you cut it apart, layer it? Use it upside down? Also, if you are donating a bag of clothes, take a peek and see if there are any ribbon belts, extra buttons inside the clothes, or other embellishments you might like to use in your creative endeavors! 

No comments: