Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th!!! :)


Happy 4th of July to all my other American friends! I don't have a card for you today, but I thought you might like to see some other fun stuff I've been up to... Last week my nephew flew over the handlebars on his bike and knocked his 4 front teeth clean out. Poor kid had to be rushed to the ER, after he was feeling better with some pain meds, he told his mom he was sad that they were putting his real teeth back in and he wished they could put in shark's teeth or crystals in his mouth instead.... That just CRACKED me up, such a great "kid" moment in the midst of all the scariness of the ambulance ride and ER visit. He is on the mend now, though it looks that they'll be having a lot of dentist appointments in the future. So, I had seen this super cute idea for a shark watermelon on Pinterest, and I thought it might cheer him up a bit, and since he can only eat soft foods, watermelon should be a good fit! The blog this was "lifted" from is Sun Scholars, check it out! There's a great photo tutorial over there if you would like to make your own shark watermelon!

Also, I decided to make these fun sandwich cookies:


Just used those premade cookies that you bake with the flags, and then made a filling from low-fat cream cheese (neufatchel) and powdered sugar. Piped the filling on a cookie with a plastic bag and then added the top cookie and smashed. On some of then I rolled the edges in sprinkles, I think the kids will get a kick out of these too! (and they are ALSO soft, yea!) 

The other thing I'm bringing to the BBQ is my homemade guacamole, which is usually scraped clean by the time I leave any party. The secret is KISS, and that makes it pretty HEALTHY too.

4 avacados
2 guacamole spice packets 
2 fresh lemons 

I smash the avacados with a potato masher, then juice the lemons in right on top of that and then stir in the spices. It's best if you can let it sit in the fridge 4-24 hours before serving so the spices have time to fully get absorbed by the avocado. The fresh lemon juice keeps it nice and green, I personally will not eat guacamole if it's brown, eeeew. 

I'll leave you with a pic of my Liberty Banner, in case you missed it the first time. Have a wonderful 4th! I feel so very blessed to be born an American!


xoxox, Noelle


2 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

OH wow, party time!!!!

Annette Allen said...

Wow...That watermelon is adorable...
Hope your nephew is ok..