Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dashing Through the Snow (JB29 and MOJO200)


Hi there! Excitement abounds as I actually **GASP** play not one, but TWO challenges today! LOL, but in all seriousness, I know things have been preeetty sketchy and sporadic this summer. ;) Kids go back to school very soon so things should improve!  

This card is for the Jingle Belles Reindeer Challenge, though they specify you don't HAVE to use a reindeer, any animal is fine. Also, I used the sketch for Mojo Monday, this is the 200th Mojo sketch! That is so cool and it's a great sketch, too. Here it is: 

I used some super cute DP, the main panel actually has little reindeer all over. Then I used the plaid for the sentiment stamp, which I stamped 4 times. I made my square a little larger and my circle a little smaller than the sketch. Since the stamp said "Dashing through the snow" I used a snowflake DP in the circle and a snowflake felt ribbon along the bottom. The "pop" is that cute glittery reindeer sticker, I used his brother back on this card, you may remember. 


Well, I hope you like my card! I'm pretty happy with this one, it just flowed easily, was a quick card and it's pretty cute, too. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! Hubby and I had a date tonight for our anniversary, so that was fun :) 

"see" you soon! 

xoxoxox, Noelle

supply list: stamp: Verve; punches: EK Success; snowflake felt ribbon: Martha Stewart Crafts; glittered reindeer sticker: Jolees Parcel; solid cardstock in Real Red and Kraft: Stampin' Up!; patterned papers: "tinsel" by memory box, inc.



7 comments:

Lisa said...

oh, I love this! The stamped sentiment is super and the glittered up reindeer is adorable. Great sketch to have used and such a gorgeous card.

June Houck said...

YES! And you should be happy with this one. I like this card even more than the "brother" card. WOW! Your color choices are gorgeous together; I love the snowflakes and the repeated sentiment, and the handsome reindeer. Perfect.

Annette said...

very cute card...love that Reindeer..

Olena said...

WOW! This is awesome card! Love it! Olena

lauren bergold said...

this is ♥BRILLIANT♥ in every sense of the word! LOVE that there are subtle little reindeer in the background AND then the "punch" of the gorgeous glittery "focal" deer! lovely combination of patterns, stamps & embellies as well. this card is just 100% FAB!!!

Lisa V. said...

I love the golden reindeer with the red flourish. So pretty.

SmilynStef said...

Love that glittery reindeer ... so classy & sparkly ... so very glad you joined our jingle belles fun.