Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Verve Trio Challenge (aka my biggish/littleish cutesy hoilday project;)





Hi everyone! Here is my submission for the Triple Play challenge over at Verve Project Parade. The challenge is to make a trio of projects. I chose to make a S'mores kit with 3 jars in a handmade box. If you are interested in the box construction, it's really very simple, scroll down to the bottom of this post for photos and instructions. These are Ball brand, half pint Elite canning jars & I got these at Target (set of 4) for around 6$. I used decorative papers from Crate Paper, a scallop circle die from Spellbinders and lots of punches, Verve stamps, glitter & rhinestones to embellish the jars. I labelled them with Cosmo Cricket tiny type letter stickers. I faced my ribbon bows and my "s'mores kit" tag towards the back of the box.
For my large label on the front of the box, I used 2 papers I cut with the Top Note die & then I stamped my sentiment in white craft ink and embossed with a latte scented embossing powder which is light caramel in color.
I used mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and those little graham cracker sticks to fit in the jar and up the cuteness factor. For the trees I stamped 2 trees, covered them in 2 way glue pen and green glitter and then cut them out, eliminating the trunk on one of them. Then I took the trunkless tree, folded it in half and glued it to the other one.
By the way, if you are looking for a SUPER good deal on baker's twine (particularly if you have a friend or 2 to share with...) check out Crate and Barrel! They sell a HUGE spool of it (think a couple THOUSAND feet!) for 8$. Here is the link. It's only in red, but a little chunkier than some of the other brands I have seen or bought. GREAT deal! :)

Scroll down for box construction and supply list.

I hope you like my project, PLEASE comment or follow if you can, I'm trying to hit 20 followers by the end of the year- Thanks!! :)

Have a STELLAR day!! - Noelle:)



Supply list: patterned paper:Crate Paper; stamps:Verve, solid cardstock:SU!, mini letter stickers: Cosmo Cricket; punches:SU!/EK Success; snowflake punch: Martha Stewart Crafts; large scallop punch: EK Success; red glittered cardstock: Recollections; scented embossing powder:Jellypop; glitter button: American Crafts; glitter tag rim: Making Memories; ribbon: Offray; scallop circle die: Spellbinders; baker's twine: Crate and Barrel


I



from the top
















BOX CONSTRUCTION


Measure your jars and make two scores on a sheet of cardstock cut to fit
(the 12" paper actually worked well for these.)  Fold up so there are 2 sides on your box

Embellish as desired.

Make your two end pieces the same height as the rest of your box. Embellish.


Punch holes in both ends of your 2 end pieces
and in all 4 corners of your large piece.

Thread ribbons through holes and tie up in all 4 corners creating a box.

Voila! a tip: if using heavy items like jars you can stabilize the box by adding a
piece of chipboard covered in patterned paper to the inside bottom of the box.


5 comments:

Owlways Learning More said...

This is a great idea! Who doesn't love smores! TSF! Jazz

Unknown said...

Awesome projects! Thanks for sharing :)

Rhonda said...

Great triple play!! and presentation.

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my! Hiw fantastic! What a yummy presentation!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just adorable. Love the project and all your fabulous details!