Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Forest Friends challenge card (2s4y 65, colourQ and Curtain Call 54) and HALLOWEEN!! :)


Hi all! This is a card I made for a couple challenges! This is for the ColourQ challenge, the Curtain Call color challenge and the sketch challenge at 2s4y. I will do the card details first, and then if you are interested, scroll up to the next post above for a few Halloween pics of my little monsters! Ok, well, as you can see, I took a few liberties with the sketch, and used multiple color challenges as well (what can I say? I'm a rebel this week, lol;)
Anyway, I started out with a Cajun Craze base and used this SUPER cute patterned paper I had from Imaginisce. It has the right colors and little forest animals on it, so that's why I thought of the Forest Friends stamp set. I created my Medallion piece from punches and cut squares. It took some finagling to get it to lay all exactly perfect, and once I finally had it right I decided the bunny REALLY needed to be brown and not Cajun Craze in color.... cest' la vie, right?? Fortunately for me, I was able to oh-so-carefully peel off the Cajun bunny and add a new brown one without ripping the whole thing apart!! I made my ribbon accent by taping the ribbons to the inside front of the card first, then wrapping them around and tying my little bows with bakers twine. Then I adhered it to my card front.  I decided I'll put the sentiment inside the card later, this would make a GREAT Thanksgiving card, dontcha think??
Supply list: solid cardstock (Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla, More Mustard)-Stampin' Up!, ribbons- Stampin' Up!, fancy corner punch- Martha Stewart Crafts, other punches-EK/SU!, patterned paper- Imaginisce, bakers twine- Jillibean Soup
Thanks for stopping by! Please comment or follow if you can, I'd LOVE to hear from you!!! :) Noelle

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

This is too cute, Noelle! I love how you used the deer stamp. Thanks for playing the ColourQ Challenge with us this week. I always enjoy seeing your cards!

Unknown said...

I love that bunny with that paper - super cute!!!
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Catherine said...

Adorable card! love the background paper!

Kristii said...

So way cute!!!! I love the papers, the colors, and the bunny is adorable!!!

Kathy Martin said...

What a darling little rabbit and I LOVE that tree paper! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

so cute! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!