Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, December 16, 2011

Cookie Exchange!


Hi there!! I just wanted to share this little project with you. This is the time of year when we are all scrambling around trying to get all those last minute gifts for neighbors, teachers and friends done. I am having a cookie exchange with my family soon. I am so tickled with the way this project turned out. Especially since the ONLY thing I bought to make these was the cookie ingredients! The recipe I used is at the bottom, if you want to check that out. But these egg containers would also work well for cake balls, mini cupcakes or muffins, mini cookies, etc. :) 




I used only scraps and old stickers, tags, etc. on this project. I decorated the outside of 4 old egg cartons that I'd saved. It FELT SO GOOD to use up so many old things that were just sitting there, taking up room! I printed the recipe out on Kraft cardstock and border punched the right side, added a few more stickers and it was done. The only real tip I have if you want to try this is to use a REALLY good, super-sticky adhesive because the egg cartons are hard to stick to. 

Some more pics...








And here's a pic of the inside, if you want to use my recipe, I highly recommend using the little cupcake liners to keep them from sticking to the carton. :) Thanks for popping by!! Recipe is at the bottom. 

hugs and general merriment! -Noelle


Peppermint Oreo Cookie Balls (no bake recipe!)

1 package (15.5 oz.) Oreo Cookies
1 package reduced-fat cream cheese
1 can store bought chocolate frosting
¾ tsp. peppermint extract
sprinkles

Crush Oreos either in food processor or with rolling pin.
Mix in peppermint extract. Mix in cream cheese a bit at a time.
Roll mixture into balls. Microwave frosting for 30-45 seconds until runny.
Dip each cookie ball in frosting and set on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
Add sprinkles before cooled.
Once all cookie balls are ready put in freezer to harden.

**With a food processor: crush cookies in processor.
Add extract and pulse. Add cream cheese a bit at
a time and keep pulsing machine until mixture is complete.

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

yummy yummy... I have had these before minus the peppermint and boy o boy they are deeeeelicious. I love this idea putting them into an egg container. Very clever...Boy do I wish we where neighbors.. :)