Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, August 13, 2010

Nursing Home Project scrapbook page



Hi everyone! I hope you all are well. Another nutty week around my place (I know, no big surprise! ;) but I did have a scrapbook day with my best buddy Rachel last week & it got me in the groove. I don't know about you, I make cards all the time, but I seem to scrapbook in waves. Anyway, last week I mostly did Christmas pages, but I was kind of holding on to these pics here. I just didn't know what to do with them. These are pics from the service project we did with our church group. We all made cookies (3 dozen per family) and we got together one morning to ice them and decorate them. Then we drove them over to a nearby nursing home and passed them out. There are 7 kids in our group and so many of the residents just enjoyed seeing the kids so much. A couple of the little girls in our group sang "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" to some of the residents. And it's true that giving equals getting such a wonderful feeling in return. It was a very special day! So today I found this paper in my stash, and somehow it just seemed to fit the theme of "planting kindness." It's not Christmasey at all, but I think I like that. I love the paper flowers and accents I made. they were super simple, just a bunch of punches and some green jumbo brads. Thanks for checking out my pages:) Please comment or follow (I'm trying to up my 4 followers to more;) and as always, have a GREAT day!!
ps: fellow bloggers, if you have any tips for photographing scrapbook pages, I would SO appreciate them! I really struggled with these and they still are not the greatest. :(
Supply list: AdornIt printed cardstock, SU! solid cardstock in Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Gable Greean and Tangerine Tango. Block Party Combo stickers by BoBunny Press, Creative Memories lined journalling cardstock, Miss Elizabeth's mini black letter stickers, Paper studio white letter stickers, green jumbo brads, SU! Pacific point marker.


No comments: