Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hello there! (Spotted Canary Challenge and Stacey's Stampin' Stage color challenge)

Hi there! One son in school this morning, two to go!! Although, I gotta say, I got a wee bit weepy this morning, when my big 9 year old, did not want to be hugged in front of his friends:( He is getting SO big! I'm not ready. I know, I know, moms never are! His teacher seemed super cool and fun, so I'm sure he is having a good first day! I am multitasking again today. This is for BOTH the Spotted Canary August challenge AND Stacey's color challenge for this week. For Spotted Canary the challenge is to use the colors blue, green and brown on a project. I'm hoping the teal on the tag qualifies as green? Close, enough, anyway, I'm hoping. ALSO this is for Stacey's Stampin Stage color challenge. The colors are: Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Kraft (Crumb Cake), and white.  Here's those links Stacey's Stampin' Stage AND Spotted Canary. Ok, both links are currently on here, we will see if they behave and STAY PUT today! Ok, so, I know, you are thinking..."Hmmmmm, this looks somewhat similar to yesterday's card?" Well yes, yes it does! Same stamp set that Hero Arts Poly Clear set "Earth Flowers." then the same ribbon technique, I really LOVED the way it turned out yesterday, so I cheated and did it again:). Here's how you do the ruffled ribbon if you've never tried.... run a strip of adhesive along where you want the ribbon (I use that SUPER sticky tape with the red backing.... did you know that is actually toupee tape? Yep- fun fact for the day!) Then leave a tail, if you want the ends to stick out like I did, then loop your ribbon in even increments sticking it back down where it hits the tape, leave the ribbon smooth if you want to layer over it, like I did with this tag-if you like a more casual look, you can make the loops more uneven, or staple them in place. You can also iron or flat iron them down to make them flat. I keep my old flat iron in my supply bag for ironing ribbon. A great tool and you likely already have one at home. Ok, so this ribbon is an off brand, the tags (2 are layered) are October Afternoon, the button is from my random jar again, the brad and mini clip are SU! as well as all the cardstock and ink, and the mini letters are from Cosmo Cricket. I just got these letters at Archiver's and they are really affordable and fun! They come in a bunch of colors too, so that's always helpful. Well, I think that's it. Thanks for stopping by:) Remember, follow my blog and I will follow yours! And if not, please comment-I'd LOVE to hear from you! Have a GREAT day:)
You can buy this flower card here.

5 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

what a unique design, Noelle! love the 2-step stamping and the ribbon and tag accents:) thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Noelle. Love the silhouette images, the lay-out... that wooden butten is perfect! :o)

Sue said...

Wow, great work with this one Noelle!! What a fantastic ribbon treatment! thanks for sharing your talent at Curtain Call this week! :)

Marisa said...

I just love silhouette stamps and you have used them fabulously on this card. Lovely ribbon treatment too. Great use of this week's colours. Thanks for playing the Curtain Call.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Such a pretty wildflower scene. Love the embellishments.