Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

TCPTUES SFYTT California trip, etc


Hi everyone! I hope you are all well. I got back from my road trip on Sunday night and was soooooo tired yesterday I decided to forego the challenges until today. This card is for both this week's SFYTT link here and for last week's TCPTUES color challenge, which I believe allows you to submit for a month, the link is here. 
The colors used are Stampin' Up! Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Green Galore, & Elegant Eggplant. The circle printed piece is (I THINK) AC cardstock and the word printed piece is K & Company. The stamp is from TCP. I think I will send this card to my sister's boyfriend's mom, Carol. Carol was SO sweet to us while we were in CA. She had us all over for dinner and let the boys swim in the pool where she lives. My mom & I wanted to send her a thank you, so here it is! ta da!! ;) More detailed shots below...I used some retired purple hemp twine stitched along the bottom by hand.





Additionally, my mom & I transported my sister's cat, Gretchen with us to CA in my car. I know it sounds like something out of a movie, and there were times when it truly felt that way!! Anyway, I thought it fitting that this card features a cat! :)

We had fun on the trip, we saw Muir Woods, Old Sacramento, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square and Placerville, CA. But it was a LOT of driving, and 3 VERY tired little boys yesterday (as well as one tired mom!) Here's some pics:) This is the ONLY picture with me in it. I don't know how I always end up doing that! Can any of you relate? I'm the scrapbooker & photog, so RARELY are there pics of me. I was there, I promise!! :)
 Left to right, my sister Shelley, Collin, Ian, me & Evan.


The boys inside a giant tree at Muir Woods


My sis, my mom & the boys in Old Sac.











Have a great day all!!

No comments: