Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to Jenny, Shelley & Amy!!!

Hi!! I'm going to keep this short since I am CRAZY busy today. Ack!! Hosting a big family BBQ here tomorrow, and leaving early Monday morning for a road trip with my Mom and the boys. We are going to see my sister in CA. She moved in March and I miss her SO much!! :( Poor hubby has to stay home for work, so.... hopefully I survive a week on the road with 3 boys & no husband;) Ok, ok, I'll likely survive, but the REAL question is whether my sanity will stay intact, lol!
Here are a few birthday cards I made this week.

This first one is for my sister, Shelley: I used the Stampin' Up! wheel builder stamps, kinda cool, because you can stamp the three wheels in different colors at the same time, if you have a special ink cartridge. I, in fact, do NOT have that special cartridge, so I was able to wheel the top and bottom images first in Old Olive, and then the center "Happy Birthday To You" image by using the builder wheel spindle. Then, I colored the candles and stars in by hand. This is a fun way to add color to your wheeled images, I do that all the time. Then, some punching along the bottom edge. The accent is made with a Cat's Pajama's stamp, a Stampin' Up! canvas piece, punches, markers and a prima flower with a glitter brad in the center. My sisiter really IS 29 this year, so I didn't ink the funny part of this stamp, you'll see it all on the card below. This is a legal sized card. I am taking it with me to CA!! :).

This next card is for my stepsister, Amy. We have a running joke that we are both "forever 29." So, when I got this set, I knew it would be PERFECT to make her birthday card with!
 Same piece with the wheel and the coloring. The little penguin is from the same set that the "happy 29th birthday. again!" stamp is from. The penguin is colored with Copics.

This final card is for my friend, Jenny. Here is also a pic of the gift bag. I was trying to make the card match the bag & truthfully, I'm not sure how much I lke the card? I like it, but I thought the colors were a bit "halloween-ish." What do you guys think?? I made the center of the flower myself and cut the felt strip by hand as well. This card was late, a few weeks past the actual date when we finally got together for dinner, hence the sentiment.
Here's a pic of the bag and the inside of the card. I really don't like to see ribbon ends and the backs of brads, etc. on the insides of my cards, so I often line them on the inside to hide all the ugly parts like this:) Well, that's it for me! No challenges this week, as I will be on the road! Hope you all have a FUN, SAFE, and HAPPY Fourth of July!


PS The new Stampin' Up! catalog has dropped! Yippee!! You can check it out on my SU! site with the link on the top left hand side of the page. If you live in the Denver area and would like a paper catalog, I do deliver:)

No comments: