Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Monday, July 19, 2010

Stamp Club Projects/Catty CASE's


Hi everyone!!! I made a bunch of cards last week & am, just now, finding time to post them!!! Things have been CRAZY with the boys all home!!! There have been doctors appointments, dentist appointments, horseback riding lessons and triathalon club for them. I am wiped!! We have a very short summer here (8 weeks) and I ALWAYS think we will have all this time to do fun things, etc.... and then it always ends up being complete crazy chaos until they go back to school at the beginning of August. Whew! You'd think I would learn!! 

 These are a couple of projects I've been working on for my upcoming Stamp Club. This black and red card IS an original design, BUT I will tell you it all began with a case from the new catalog. The card I cased is on page 124 of the new catalog. Here is my case of that card.  I liked it, but I just wasn't IN LOVE if you know what I mean, so then I started playing some more and came up with the design at the top. I used some "Night and Day" paper from last fall, as well as an acetate scrap from there. The red patterned paper is from "Bella Rose" and last year's Valentine bundle. The red is Riding Hood Red. And YES...... it IS machine stitching you see on these cards!! The sewing machine is OUT and I am planning to leave it out! :) YOU CAN BUY THESE 2 BLACK AND RED CARDS HERE!!


This next card is also a case. I normally love to design my own projects, but with all that has been going on, well, you get the drift. Of course, I always alter them a little, to make them my own. I think the catalog has So many great cards in it this year, too! I changed the stamps up a little and used some different accessories, etc. Look on page 151, to see the SU! version. Here's mine:
I used patterned paper instead of the solid Daffodil Delight paper. Both that and the green are from the new paper pack "Greenhouse Gala." The stamps are from new hostess sets ""Because I Care" and "Occasional Quotes." I stamped the hydrangea in coordinating ink, to create a shadow effect.  More detailed shots.....
Well, that's it for me today. I'm going to do my best to get back and do some sketch challenges this week, so HOPEFULLY I will see you soon. Please follow or leave a comment! And, I'll make you a deal, if you follow my blog on Google Friend Connect, I'll follow yours too! I really want to get to be more of a part of this community. TFL and have a super day:)

No comments: