Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Curtain Call 40 Challenge

Hi everyone! Hope you are all well today, we are CRAZY nuts here as the boys' school starts next week! Ack!! I am SO not ready, fortunately I already ordered their school supplies online. And, in case you're wondering, YES, we have an unusually short summer here. 8 weeks is awfully short to cram everything in! Here's my card for this week's color challenge at Stacey's Stampin' Stage. http://stampinwithstacey.blogspot.com/2010/07/curtain-call-color-challenge-act-40.html (that pesky link button again! Grrr!)  Check it out, SUPER fun colors, which led me to make this fun card! The stamps are Circle Circus and Smarty Pants (both SU!) The blue and green papers are from the SU! DSP collections, Urban Oasis and Bali Breeze (both retired). The red sheets are (dotted) October afternoon. Remember the big rose card? It's on there too! And the red and white print near the top is a scrap from a premade card by DCWV, the "Citrus" card box. A little stitching, a butterfly journaling block (K & Co., I think???) and some punched hearts from the DCWV piece that I colored red. Up close, you can still see a bit of the pattern. Here's some more detailed shots... The big funky circle was first stamped in red on white, then stamped in red on turquoise, then stamped in red on kiwi kiss. Then I cut out a flower from the turquoise image, the same with the kiwi flower. Finally I outlined the remaining flowers in black. The whole thing is surrounded by the black extra large scalloped circle, made with that new extra large punch. The colors for the challenge are : Real Red, Kiwi, Kiss, Black, White, and Tempting Turquoise. Well, that's it for me, trying to get some housework done, so I can take the boys to "Despicable Me" tonight. I heard it's hilarious! :) Trying to get this week's SFYTT done, as well, so.... hopefully you will see me again soon! Have a stellar day!

You can purchase this fun card here
http://www.etsy.com/listing/52541229/funky-hokey-pokey

2 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

super fun & cute, Noelle! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Marisa said...

Great use of this week's colours. Thanks for playing the Curtain Call.