Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Bloom (TCPTUESApr13)


Hi all! We are having an AWESOME challenge over at Dancing In Pajamas this month! It's waaaaay easier than last month's challenge, too :) (I say, with a sigh of relief! LOL) You have all month to come play with us, so I hope you will.
This month it's all about flowers. They say that April Showers bring May Flowers, but, we want to see those flowers, NOW. So, your challenge, if you decide to accept it, is to use flowers. And, not just as an embellishment, but as the main focal point of your card.

and here's the rules:  
  1. The First Tuesday of the Month Alma will post a challenge on her blog
    The challenge will also be posted on our Facebook Page and on our Splitcoaststampers thread.
  2. If you want to play along you just upload your design to Alma's blog using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column)
    If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers using keyword TCPTUESApr13.
  3. The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
  4. Cards and projects must have at least one Cat's Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
  5. On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
  6. The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND... They'll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
  7. The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and this Blog  
and here's my card, you likey? I decided to go as feminine as possible with this card, and that meant using lots of (shocking, I know!) PINK! You know I struggle with pink, but I'm really pleased with this card. The pink + yellow + green really works, and I really like the sweet pattern on this DP.

I started out by making an A2 card in an olive color. Then I die cut my Lacy Floral Doily CutUp using pink card stock. I love the little dots that are on that die, it just adds so much! I accented the banner that I'd stamped the "bloom" sentiment on with Sunflower Rosette CutUp, and a pretty flowered button. 
The Mr. Flower Bun image from Bloom was stamped on a white scrap, colored with Copics and fussy cut out. I don't mind telling you that fussy cutting this image takes patience! I remembered what a pain it was from this project, but ultimately that was the look I wanted, very delicate to go with the whole feel of the card. You can see I added some tiny gems to the flower centers.

and that is all for me today! Hope you are having a lovely week :) 

Noelle



3 comments:

wendy said...

very pretty Noelle

Annette Allen said...

HOW CUTE.. i love this bunny..such a cute card..

Lynn said...

Oh how cute. I love this bunny!