Hi all, here's my second go at this month's TCP Tuesday Challenge. I turned the kissing booth in Gimme Some Sugar into a flower booth. I covered up the lollipops with flowers die cut from the Lacy Floral Doily CutUp, and as you can see, I used the Cloud Border CutUp, too.
Here's the deets from the Top Cat's mouth, this is from Alma! :)
This month it's all about flowers. They say that April Showers bring May Flowers, but, we want to see those flowers, NOW. So, your challenge, if you decide to accept it, is to use flowers. And, not just as an embellishment, but as the main focal point of your card.
and here's the rules:
- The First Tuesday of the Month Alma will post a challenge on her blog.
- If you want to play along you just upload your design to Alma's blog using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column)If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers using keyword TCPTUESApr13.
- The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
- Cards and projects must have at least one Cat's Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
- On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
- The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND... They'll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
- The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and on Alma's blog.
Trust me when I say, you DO want to be crowned Swanky Stamper, it is so fun to get all those free goodies and come play the next release with the Cat Pack! :)
So, did you notice that Ms. Sprinkle has two different prices listed for her flowers? She has a 5 cent tag on her hat, and I used the 7 cent teeny stamp from Commemorating You to accent the banner with. I guess she will take whatever she can get! Or maybe she's using the 5 cent sign to draw them in, and then uses the 7 cent price after all! LOL, I don't know that I'd put it past Sprinkle, haha.
The banner at the top was paper pieced and the letters for "fleurs" are the Coolvetica Alphabet. The sentiment at the top is from Simply Said. I decided to go with "fleurs" instead of "flowers" because the banner wasn't long enough, and I figured Sprinkle would be fancy enough to use French on her banner! ;)
"Gimme Some Sugar" is such a fun builder set, and you really could turn the booth into any myriad of booth type. It could be a kissing booth, a candy booth, a bake sale, or even a Peanuts/Lucy type "psychiatry" booth! ;) This set would also pair well with some of the circus sets we have at TCP.
The final touches on this card were some gems and pearls, plus a little Diamond Stickles on the band of Sprinkle's hat. I sure hope you like it and that you can come play with us at TCP this month! :)