Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Cards 2012


Hi all! I thought you might want a sneak peek at the holiday cards I'm working on. I love that this year I've managed to incorporate a handmade card, a photo of the boys, and our "Highs and Lows" list all into one card. I have only managed this one other time, ever! Normally I either have to do a separate letter/list, and a separate photo, which can get to be a real pain. I wish I had a picture of the first time I managed this feat several years ago, because those cards were so cute! I made a long card (like a legal sized envelope), it was a pocket card. The list was in the pocket and the photo was on the front of the pocket. But it was before I began blogging, and I didn't take very many pics of my work back then I guess. *sigh*

Well, here's how I pulled it off this year anyway. This is a standard A2 sized card. I was so happy to see this adorable Instant Camera Die and Stamp Bundle from Lil' Inker. I told Laura Pryor on Facebook that she had just solved my Christmas Card dilemma with these cute dies and stamps, and boy, did she ever! These cards were SIMPLE, just what a gal needs at this hectic time of year! ;) I took some funny pics of the boys the week before Thanksgiving, this was the one I ended up using. I was only bummed because this was the best shot of the boys, but because the flash went off you can't see that the Christmas lights are lit! Also a bit tough to see in these photos of the cards that Ian and Collin have some washi tape over their mouths! Heeheehee, so glad my kids are good sports! ;) And this picture is the truth, too, if there's anyone who rules the roost around these parts, it's our little man, Ev. ;) I printed the list to fit on the inside of the card, and now my hand won't ache from signing so many cards.


So, again SUPER easy cards! Die cut all my photo frames (and as a side note, I just love this frame! It's so versatile, I know I'll be using it for scrapbook pages, invitations, and more!) and my bows. I used those cheap scrapbook inserts to cut the frames, and also to print the "Highs and Lows" list on the inside of the card. See? Everything is good for something! ;) The cards are all different, I went to town on several of my 6" holiday paper pads for the card fronts, and used a lot of scraps for the bows. The scrap left from cutting the card fronts was the perfect size to cut a bow from, too. So there wasn't a lot of waste, which makes any crafter happy. :)


The photos were ordered from Mpix.com. They sold (and very affordably) a 2.5" by 3.5" sized wallet photos that, while just a smidge to narrow for the frame, ensured that I wouldn't have to cut down 60 photos, and that I'd get the whole picture inside the frame. Most places, including Walgreens where I normally get my photos printed, do only a 2" x 3" wallet, and that was going to be too small. The pics I ordered from Mpix were like a senior photo, even die cut with the rounded corners. So, for the other Christmas cards that I've made throughout the year, I can just pop one of these funny pics inside the card.




I used two different sentiments in the stamp set "Santa's Helper," we thought that was funny since it was like Evan was saving the day for santa by tying up his brothers, LOL. Also I used "From our family to yours" because this picture is pretty indicative of our family! ha!

I hope you like them, and I hope you are having a stress-free holiday so far:)

Holiday Hugs, Noelle




6 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Oh my goodness, Noelle. Not only are your cards the best this post totally rocks. It is so nice and it excites me so much to see a customer use this product exactly in the way I had envisioned it - for easy and adorable holiday photo cards. Absolutely fantastic to hear that a product of mine actually made things easier for you. This just totally made my day!!
Laura
Lil' Inker Designs

Kim S said...

What a fantastic photo - worthy of showcasing on your cards!!!

KelliJo said...

Noelle! THOSE FREAKING ROCK!!!!! I just got done using my Polaroid Die too!!! It goes live tomorrow! ;) LOL Yes, I renamed it... you know how I am!

CONGRATS on CUTE CUTE CUTE Christmas Cards!!!! **super cute pic**

Lynn said...

Oh these pictures simply make me smile from ear to ear!!

Alyssa S said...

These are adorable!! Great minds think alike...my step-daughter (17) is coming over today to take pics for Xmas cards. We were going to tie her and my son (5) up with lights. I think I like the idea of her tieing him up! Thanks for the inspiration!! :o)

nwilliams6 said...

OK - that picture is hysterical! I totally love it - how creative. What a super holiday card idea - I may have to do something like that next year (maybe with the cows or something since I don't have young kids anymore - sniff, sniff). TFS! Hugz!