Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Break A Leg!
















Hi guys! Had the theater performance last night and it went great. Thought you might like a peek at the cards and gifts I made for the kiddoes, I think they liked them! :)

Here's some of the cards I made, I did three variations, one for boys, one for girls, and one slightly dressed up version for my middle-school aged assistant director!

I CASEd this design after LeAnnes amazing card from CQC 166! I LOVE her gorgeousness in blue! I think she pieced all her "rays" together, I did something else, I took scraps, cut them into rectangles, and cut the rectangles in half diagonally. Not all were the same size. Then I laid them down, letting the background cardstock peek through every other ray, make sense? Then I trimmed the ends of the rays off, to match that of the rectangle they were laid on and dry embossed with the stars folder. It worked good and reminded me of the rays of a spotlight. :)
For the boys I used a simple foam letter initial instead of one with all the glitz.
 I backed it with some punched stars and circles.


For the girls, I used these glammed up letters from my stash.
This is the one for my AD, Maddy, I added and extra scalloped
circle to hers behind the drama masks for a touch more oomph! 



Here's a shot of all the cards but one.



Here's the necklaces I made for the girls. These were easy and I think they turned out really cute. When my friend Juliana was visiting, she helped me put them together. I really wanted to have drama mask charms. I managed to buy one on etsy, and used on the necklace for my AD, Maddy. For the rest, I thought stars would be easy to find, since I couldn't find drama masks in time. Nope. These were the ONLY star charms I could find anywhere! Wouldn't you think that stars would be easy to find, too? LOL. Anyway, we layered their initial charm in front of the star charm, and then we made little drops of color with headpins and glass beads. I kind of tried to go with the colors I had seen the girls wearing.  These were easy and they didn't cost much either, good gift for girls in the future! :)


This is Maddy's necklace I really liked the way it turned out.



For the boys I made key rings. I found these plastic dog tags on etsy and used the Cricut to cut out vinyl drama masks and the boys names on the back. They were tiny letters, so I did have to cut a few times before I got them right.




That is all for me today! Hope you are having a great weekend so far! I am playing catch up from being so absent these last weeks and prepping for the upcoming challenge I'm hosting for Can You Digi It? It's going to be a fun challenge so stay tuned!


xoxox, Noelle

supply list: stars embossing folder: Cuttlebug; drama masks dies: Sizzix/Quickutz; plastic dog tags, assorted charms and beads; chipboard letters: Amanda Blu; foam letters: thickers; punches: EK Success

3 comments:

Lynn said...

So glad that the performance went so well...and these cards and gifts are awesome!!

Kim S said...

What wonderful and thoughtful gifts!

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful ideas! You are sooooo creative!!!! They will remember these a long long time! So fun.