Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mod Judy Jetson card for FMS


Hello hello! Are you completely SHOCKED to see me actually playing a CURRENT challenge? Well, I have happy news, I am feeling better, and things are looking up. :) So, I actually have this challenge and TWO more new TCP cards coming up in the next few days, PLUS a Spotted Canary 3D project I am working on. So lots of fun goodies coming up for you, my oh-so-patient blog friends :)

This is for this week's Freshly Made Sketches 22. A sketch challenge:


I recently got some cute new Inkadinkado stamps, this one is Atta Girl, and I bought a few other sets, including Atta Boy which was backordered and now is on it's way! :) I LOVED the Mod-Jetsons feel of these, reminded me of ALL this October Afternoon Rocket Age stuff that I bought a YEAR ago, and have used very little of, even though I **LOVE** it! So that was the jumping off point for this card (blasting off point, perhaps?) Great CAS sketch I thought would be a fun foil for this card. 

I stamped the stamp on Bashful Blue cardstock in poppy Parade ink and punched it out. Then I stamped it again on the text-print cardstock in black and cut out only this oh-so-modern Charlie's angel with her ray gun, and pieced that onto the punched piece. Of course the 3 panels are different DPs from the OA line, and I added a few stickers and embellies from that line, too. I think this would be a fun card to give a girlfriend who's ROCKING her world, of which I am blessed to have many. :)  Here's the inside:


a different inkadinkado stamp and some more OA stickers. And, that's all folks! See you back here SOON with some more fun projects and cards! :)

xoxox, Noelle

supply list: patterned papers, embellishements, stickers: October afternoon "Rocket Age;" stamps: Inkadinkado; inkpads and solid cardstock: stampin' Up!

DUST IT OFF!: Some new, inexpensive stamps give new life to a great line that I love, but just didn't have the right use for. 




12 comments:

Annette Allen said...

fun fun card...Love the space girl...so cute

Linda Callahan said...

This is fab-u-lous! Love the rounded corners and the retro look! Very cute!

My Creative Side said...

What a neat card! I love the rounded corners too!! great paper you used!

Jen Timko said...

Oh my!! This is so cool! The paper is awesome! SO glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

LeAnne said...

LOOOOOOVE this! I can hear that Jetsons song in my head right now! So glad you are feeling better, too!

Marlena M. said...

Such a great card, Noelle! I am glad you are feeling better enough to play. ;)

Tui Nathan said...

What a great card ... this is such a creative take on our sketch and I love it!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Lesley said...

Love the retro vibe Noelle! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so fun and a terrific take on the sketch!

Anne Marie Hile said...

SO glad to hear you are feeling better, Noelle! This is such a darling card! I have the theme song from the Jetson's stuck in my head now. Lol! It's always a good thing to break out those supplies that you have stashed away in the craft room, too. You have inspired me to do that more often then I do. Sending a hug your way! :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun retro card, really CUTE!

Katherine said...

I just found this older post when searching for cool retro cards. This is great! I'm preparing article for Papercrafters Library & would like to feature your card on next Trendy Tuesday post. The article will link back to your site and credit you for your project. Here is link to the blog: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ If you do not wish to be featured, just let me know.