Hi there! Wanted to show you this fun little project I made. I ended up adding the punched pieces and the sentiment on the front of the vase, because a friend's daughter broke her finger yesterday, and Ev wanted to give these to her. I thought she might get a kick out of flowers that would never die. ;) This is for the Spotted Canary Paper Blossoms Bouquet Challenge. There are still a couple weeks left to play, and the winner gets a 250$ prize package from EK Success. You really should check it out! There's 3 video segments that show you how to make the paper flowers at that link. I actually ended up making one of each style because I wanted the vase to have an eclectic look. I used this punch to make the pink flower, this punch to make the blue flower, and 2 sizes of scalloped circle punches to make the yellow flower. Other than that I basically followed the instructions on the videos.
I want to tell you a little bit about the vase, because I had fun making it. I started out with an empty, cleaned out sweet and sour sauce bottle. I squeezed some aqua craft paint into the bottom, and kept swirling the bottle around until the paint had completely coated the inside. It helps if you have the lid on the bottle when you do this. I have used this technique before, and it's fun, because it gives it a vintage "milk glass" kind of look for just a few cents. I let the bottle dry on my kitchen windowsill for 24 hours before putting the flowers in. When it was dry, I decided I wanted to create a few "stripes" with bakers twine. I love all the projects I see that are wrapped in bakers twine or bakers twine is formed into a swirly pattern on one of those large glue dots. So, using some springlike colors I created three stripes, putting some of that super sticky tape on the back of the bottle in the areas I was making the stripes on, so I could keep it even while I wrapped the twine. At the top, I added the ribbon to cover the threading where the lid screwed on. And then I added the layered punched pieces and a stamp from this stamp set.
The floral wire I was using was really long, and so I added to the flowers whimsy by doubling up the wire and creating some curly cues up near the head of the bloom.
and that's all for this post! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
supply list: punches: EK Success and EK Success for Stampin' Up!; papers: K&Comapny and Martha Stewart Crafts; bakers twine: Jillibean Soup; ribbon: MFT; stamp: Inkadinkado; velvet covered embellishments (flower centers): Jolees Parcel; adhesive green buttons: Pebbles; aqua craft paint; recycled bottle; sticky tape; glue dots; hot glue gun; floral wire stems
DUST IT OFF!: A bottle rescued from the recycling bin makes a fun, faux milk glass vase!