Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, February 17, 2012

2 cards, 2 TCPTUES challenges


Hi there! One thing I love about TCP Tuesday Challenges is that there's a new one every week, but you have the whole month to play! :) And since I've been a little flaky as of late, that's a really GOOD thing for me! There are 2 cards for 2 different TCPTUES challenges on this post, so be sure to scroll all the way down to see both cards. :)
This first card is for TCPTUES 195, a sketch challenge from the fabulous Leigh! :) here's the sketch:
I used my new set Bunny Side Up, and my new Lacy Floral doily die behind this silly bunny. He was colored with Copics, and fussy cut out. I used my pennant dies from TCP as well, for the banner.

The second challenge/card is for TCPTUES196, and inspiration challenge, here's the inspiration pic:
very "birthday-ish" wouldn't ya say? I wanted to make a birthday card with (one of) my favorite older TCP sets: You say it's Your Birthday, and two other TCP sets: the balloons from Catch My Drift, and the sentiment from A Beary Good Year. Also I used my Big Scallop and Circus Panels CutUps on this card.

 I was commissioned to make a penguin birthday card for a friend's son, and I think this is it! :) Here it is: 

I masked the penguin with his one balloon, and stamped just the balloons from the Catch My Drift set over the top. then I just "attached" all the balloon strings together with a black pen, and outlined them all, since the lines were finer on the "Catch my drift" set. I also stamped the penguin down on my white circle, so that I wouldn't have to fussy cut out his tiny feet. So, that's why you are kind of seeing double in this pic. I added a blue corduroy button, some Peppermint Divine Twine, and a yellow star stickpin to the right hand side of the card. The circus panel Cutups framed the sentiment nicely, and some orange gems complete the fun, bright birthday look. And, those balloons just needed SOMETHING, so i added some bright buttons to a few.

And that's all for me today! I have a couple more fun posts coming up soon, so stay tuned! :) 

xoxox, Noelle

supply list: stamps: the Cat's Pajamas; dies: TCP and Spellbinders; papers: K& Company, My Mind's Eye, and BasicGrey; solid cardstock: K&Company & stampin' Up!; punches: EK Success; stickpin: Little Yellow Bicycle; markers: Copic, Zig, and Stampin' Up!; corduroy button: SU!; Divine Twine in Aqua and Peppermint; other buttons: stampin' Up! and generic

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what cute cute cards....so fun..

Have a great weekend..

Anne Marie Hile said...

I just love all of the great details you always add to your projects, Noelle! These are two stinkin' cute cards, for sure! That floppy eared bunny makes me smile! :)