Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, February 25, 2012

TCPTUES times two

Well, since I just can't seem to keep up with myself, I'm back again, catching up on the last 2 TCPTUES challenges! I'm so glad Alma gives us the whole month to git 'er done! (Sorry, every now and again a Larry the Cable Guy quote just flies right out!) ;) The first project is my 3D/ABC (anything but a card) project for  TCPTUES 197. I made a diorama to add to my Easter decorations, this is the same instructions as for the diorama card on SCS, but much, much bigger! The finished size is 8" wide, by 5" tall. This project took awhile, but it was mostly due to all the Copic coloring. I took a lot of time with that & went very sloooooowly. I also used the large scalloped pennant die for the "hole" in the front, green panel, and then a Nestabilities die in the brown panel.
I created a little scene with stamps from Bunny Side Up and an older set that I am VERY attached to! You may remember ALL the cards I did with this set last year, it's called "Beans, Bunnies, and Peeps, oh my!" That set isn't available any longer, but it's sure a cutie! :) 

I made the "flower" embellishment by cutting a Lacy Floral Doily from a pink polka dot scrap & sort of crunching it to give it movement. be careful if you do this because I tore the first one I made and had to cut a second! Then I added some punched pieces with the sentiment to the center of the free-form "flower." The final touch were some cute new vintage look buttons from the "Dear Lizzy" line at American Crafts. I just bought those buttons and have used so many already! 

Ok, finally onto the next project! Thanks for keeping up through this long post! :) 

This is for TCPTUES 198, you can see a soft color challenge! :)

Here's my card:

I was a little shocked about how much pink I ended up using on this card, what was even more surprising to me was how much I LIKED all that pink. I guess I can like anything if there's enough blue and green, LOL ;) I used my Build A Bingo set with the Easter egg mini stamp as the "marker." I used some punched scraps to make a sort of scalloped border across the bottom of the card. I really liked how stamping this on the patterned DP turned out, that was a first for me with this set. Another one of those fabulous buttons in the center.... I didn't have a die that was quite the right size to make a mat for the bingo card, so I cut two of the size that was slightly too small and I cut each die cut in half, one was cut long ways and one was cut cross ways, if that makes sense. Then I attached each one to the back, peeking out, so it made a mat that was the right size.


Whew!! Well, that is all for me today! Remember, even if you are as harried as me right now (I said harried **not HAIRY!;) - you can play at Dancing In Pajamas until the end of the month! Have a great one. :)

xoxox, Noelle

supply list: stamps: TCP; dies: TCP & Spellbinders; punches: EK Success; papers: American Crafts, MME, Authentique; markers: copic; solid cardstock and inkpads: Stampin' Up!; buttons: American crafts "Dear Lizzy" and Pebbles

DUST IT OFF!: Soooo many old papers on these, lots of them were scraps! And that one stamp set is retired, but still SUPER cute!! :)

6 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

These are fabulous Noelle - that diorama is so very creative!

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

this looks really great, what a lovely details! And the card is also very lovely!

Alma de la Rosa said...

Just wonderful. Love how the Bingo card turned out on the DP. I had to do a double take.

Jen W. said...

Oh my gosh that diorama is so cute! Love the little bunny peeking out from the ground with the carrots!

Marlena M. said...

I LOVE dioramas! Absolutely adorable, Noelle. Your card is beautiful-great color combo. ;)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Fab cards, Noelle! That fussy cut bunny card is too stinkin' cute! Then there is all that pretty pink on your bingo card. I loves me some pink! Lol! Your posts always bring a smile to my face! Hope your weekend was fun! Hugs! :)