Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, new challenge! (OCCC)


Happy New Year!! I am admittedly a bit hungover today, oy, I am getting old! ;) We had some friends over last night, we have been celebrating New Year's Eve with them, nearly every year since before we had kids, and now we have 5 kids between our 2 families. Last year, Craig had cancer and had just finished chemotherapy, so this year was a really nice celebration now that he is doing much better :) 

I decided to try a new challenge, since I am feeling like trying new things. This is for Our Creative Corner. The theme is "bright and happy new year" and here's the palette:


Fun colors, huh? And even though it wasn't part of the palette, I really was digging on the black in the photo. These are not colors I use often (particularly together!) but I thought it would be a nice way to start out the New Year, new colors, uninked stamps & something that's a bit of a departure from my usual style. I made this card for my goddaughter, who will be 5 in a few weeks. 

Keeping in mind that it was for a little girl is why I added all the gems and the resin flower. I stamped the main image down twice, once on yellow and once on purple, and I paper pieced the center of the image. I stamped it down on yellow again and punched the 5 out with a heart punch. I adhered that and added some MORE gems. The green panel was stamped with the polka dot background stamp and heat embossed with black EP. I die cut the bottom of that panel. 

Well, that is it for me today, HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

xoxo, Noelle

supply list: solid cardstock in Black, Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Summer Sun, and Lovely Lilac: Stampin' Up! gems: MME; stamps: Unity and Inkadinkado; resin flower: Recollections; heart punch: EK Success for SU!; dies: TCP and PTI; black EP, heat gun, Memento Black inkpad

DUST IT OFF!: Two of these colors of cardstock are retired. All the stamps were previously uninked.


5 comments:

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

Happy newyear and all the best for 2012!

what a beautiful card, love it!

Annette Allen said...

what a super fun card..I love this stamp.. I totally love this color combo...Love those polka dots..

Can you believe it is 2012...my o my how the time flies. Wishing you and your family many blessing for this new year. BTW have I told you that your are so AWESOME.

franzesjoi said...

happpy new year to the happy card!!! :) love it!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... you have definitely made these colours sing Happy Birthday ...fabulous job!
Thank you for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

THe addition of the black is such a cool twist with the bright colors. Loving those embossed polka dots! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner! Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a fun time! Hugs! :)