Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Vintage Valentine for fun:)


Hey all, another quick post for today, I cleaned all morning and now treating myself to some BLOG TIME!! :) I made this card a couple days ago. I have been VERY good about sticking to my "no spending on new supplies" rule. But I did slip up and buy these fun die cuts from K and Company. They look like vintage Valentines, and I just fell IN LOVE.... :) Besides, I have VERY very few valentine things, soooooo, it wasn't THAT bad, right? There are like 150 pieces in the package too, not bad for 5$, right?

 So, this was a super quick and easy card. Some Anna Griffin patterned paper, I pulled the solid colors from that. I matted the valentine in Chocolate Chip cardstock and laid it down on an angle. Around the bottom, I wrapped some MFT ivory herringbone ribbon. I layered some more of the K and Co. diecuts on top of the ribbon, and accented them with some pink gems. Up in the right corner, I cut some felt with my MFT die and stuck 2 K and Company decorative pins through it. I punched a scallop circle from a scrap of DCWV paper in my scraps basket, and layered my flower on top of that before adhering the whole accent to the card. On the inside I created a coordinating "Valentines Day panel with ink and stamps. I covered the back of the ribbon ends, etc. with a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and added another of the diecuts inside. 


Well, that's it for me, please comment or follow, I'd LOVE to hear from you! :)

-Noelle

supply list: Valentine diecuts, decorative pins, pink gems: K and Company; stamps: Inakdinkadoo; solid cardstock and inkpads:SU!; ribbon and rose die: MFT; patterned paper: Anna Griffin and DCWV; punch: EK Success

No comments: